aberdeen-music

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster

Mouse

Guest DustyDeviada

Rory from Midnight Noise Collective (aka Sultanofswing86 on here) has one.

They have the "noiseless" pickups, ie stacked humbuckers, so not the same as an ordinary single coil pickup, but you might prefer it if you are into high gain stuff.

If not, I'd be looking at one of the vintage reissues in order to get the nitro finish, something like this:

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100202850

Guest Gasss
Bill lawrence pickups arn't even that much £££. i think about $40 each for the tele L280 set.

Check it out! http://www.billlawrence.com/

So you could buy a lite ash Telecaster, a set of Bill Lawrence Pickups AND a Z-Vex Fuzz Probe for less than the price of an american deluxe telecaster. This would make you the coolest guy ever.

I've got anolder one (late 90's early 00's?). I like it. The strat style shaping at the back is nice for a fat bastard like me, fits nicer.

I got it second hand though. It has Lace Sensor pick ups which are a bit of an aquired taste.

I had a look/play of one of the new ones (in Bruce Millers) a while back. I liked the sunburst and the Noiseless/S1 switching sounded great but wasn't sure about the neck, didn't 'feel' that great to me. Plus I thought the headstock looked a bit 'cheap'.

Oh and they are a bit pricey too. Don't know if they are twice as good as a US standard.

I still fancy one of those QMT twin humbucker ones though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest lime ruined my life
He doesn't use them anymore because the shielding on lighting rigs is much better these days.

i read somewhere that he was using some kind of "ghost" pickup system that costs a fortune in the cavity in the back, so all the positions were "in between".

Guest MKII
i read somewhere that he was using some kind of "ghost" pickup system that costs a fortune in the cavity in the back' date=' so all the positions were "in between".[/quote']

When he plays his electro-acoustic and then kicks in his pete cornish pedal board he sounds exactly as you'd expect.

Basically he gets his sound from his pedal board these days regardless of what goes in to it.

WARNING: this looks so naff!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1679983572705279571&q=guitar

Guest MKII
Cor' date=' the les paul in that video doesn't half sound shit.[/quote']

Is that a Gretsch?

The point is, he could plug any guitar in and it would sound the same.

Guest lime ruined my life

has anyone noticed how much scott henderson smiles when he's playing with the fuzz factory in the demo video on that website?