aberdeen-music

so, who likes kyuss?

ZeromiserY

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOHOHO Robot Hive/Exodus is very close to Blues for a red sun.

If we are speaking stoner what about Corrosion Of Conformity ? ( not the early stuff of course).

I also saw them with Clutch. However their live performance is very heavy compared to their Southern rock/Stoner album style.

But I don't think they're in the same league as Clutch and Kyuss, although close.

yea they're close but i go back to kyuss more often. and no clutch album is as good as welcome to sky valley or blues for a red sun' date=' they're close but not quite as good. of course it's all imho.[/quote']

See I go back to Clutch more often - that said, this thread has sparked a mammoth Kyuss return to the CD player!

Not so interesting fact - I've listened to "Demon Cleaner" before every exam I've had since my Highers (included), and never failed one of them. In my study of one, Kyuss makes you pass exams.

COC are ace too.

I've loved Kyuss for ages, but I managed to somehow overplay all their albums and haven't listened to them a great deal lately, but recently put a cd on in the car and were reminded of their greatness.

Anyone have any favourite songs of theirs in particular? Depending on how I'm feeling, I'd say either Demon Cleaner or The Law (off Wretch, I'm only 90% sure I have the song name right) is my favourite song, but they have so many great songs that having a favourite doesn't really matter.

I'd recommend Hermano and Nebula for anyone who hasn't heard of them, both Garcia fronted bands. Also, try giving Clutch a listen, not linked to Kyuss exactly, but another very good band that Kyuss fans would probably like.

Edit: As I'm so awesome, I managed to miss page 2 of this thread in which both Clutch and Hermano were mentioned, handily making myself look like a douchebag *sigh*

anyone heard a band called Black Sabbath ?.... they are pretty good... ho ho.

Clutch are completely different to Kyuss in my head, I listen to them in equal amounts...neither one being better than the other...

Goatsnake (the stall brothers from Wool), are great too (I am sure there was a stoner thread, not so long ago)...

garcia isn't in nebula.

Crap. I think I meant Unida then. Nebula are made up from ex members of some band, I think it might be Fu Manchu. I blame tiredness for my extreme mess of a previous post :down::D

I remember hearing the rumour about Garcia and Homme having effectively made up a few months ago, with talk of reforming, either for a few one off shows or to record something, but not sure if it would be a great idea.

I remember hearing the rumour about Garcia and Homme having effectively made up a few months ago' date=' with talk of reforming, either for a few one off shows or to record something, but not sure if it would be a great idea.[/quote']

i think it would be, imagine how good the qotsa songs that have mark lanegan singing would be if john 'raspy man' garica got his vocal freak on instead. also imagine new kyuss album. with josh/john doing vocals and josh's majorly revamped style of playing while at the same time going back to what it used to be in kyuss, a driving/bluesy/stonerrock album with decent amounts of money pumped into production and not just marijuana and beer.:up:

sounds like the greatest album of all time to me.

i think it would be' date=' imagine how good the qotsa songs that have mark lanegan singing would be if john 'raspy man' garica got his vocal freak on instead. also imagine new kyuss album. with josh/john doing vocals and josh's majorly revamped style of playing while at the same time going back to what it used to be in kyuss, a driving/bluesy/stonerrock album with decent amounts of money pumped into production and not just marijuana and beer.:up:

sounds like the greatest album of all time to me.[/quote']

It's just that all their albums have been awesome, so if they reformed and it didn't quite work it would kind of tarnish the memory of them being that good. On the other hand, if it worked... :up:

Guest Phantomsmasher

Really like Welcome to Sky Valley, geat chill out music. When it comes to the likes of QOTSA, always prefered the songs with Lanegan singing, probably due to the fact i loved the Screaming Trees.

anyone heard a band called Black Sabbath ?.... they are pretty good... ho ho.

Clutch are completely different to Kyuss in my head' date=' I listen to them in equal amounts...neither one being better than the other...

Goatsnake (the stall brothers from Wool), are great too (I am sure there was a stoner thread, not so long ago)...[/quote']

aw man, i was listening to goatsnake today, fucking ace band. i've got an ace goatsnake t-shirt as well.

you know we should give that galaxy of fire thing another try now you're back up, probably have to be after the summer though if you were up for it. :)

aw man' date=' i was listening to goatsnake today, fucking ace band. i've got an ace goatsnake t-shirt as well.

you know we should give that galaxy of fire thing another try now you're back up, probably have to be after the summer though if you were up for it. :)[/quote']

I would have considered it, but me being a dad in late Sept..might put a spanner in the works!....

Surprisingly' date=' I like them too. Also, in Sevilla there is a record shop that just happens to have the Kyuss/QOTSA split on vinyl. Should I buy it? (perhaps it is super-rare...)[/quote']

it's not super rare, but it's worth a listen. i wouldn't pay over the odds for it though.