aberdeen-music

Top 20 albums of all time (boringly predictable)

Uncle Mog

Sgt. Pepper's at No. 2' date=' yawn, it's shit. Oasis deserve to beat it but not be at 1.[/quote']

Calling Sgt. Pepper shit is a bit harsh, but it definately the most over rated Beatles record. I think that most people who vote for it as the greatest album of all time do so as they have been programmed by the media to think it is the greatest album of all time. They really should take the time to listen to The Beatles back catalogue, then they would realise that Rubber Soul, Revolver, The White Album and Abbey Road are all far superior...

Guest bluesxman
Calling Sgt. Pepper shit is a bit harsh' date=' but it definately the most over rated Beatles record. I think that most people who vote for it as the greatest album of all time do so as they have been programmed by the media to think it is the greatest album of all time. They really should take the time to listen to The Beatles back catalogue, then they would realise that Rubber Soul, Revolver, The White Album and Abbey Road are all far superior...[/quote']

Not harsh at all for me, I've never been able to see why that album should be singled out as such a classic when other Beatles albums are far better.

And also the fact that other artists have made far superior albums not just to that but to a lot of The Beatles stuff. They were a great band but this elevation to some sort of untouchable entity who cannot be faulted is bullshit.

'The voters have clearly thought long and hard about their decision'

What a bunch of bollocks. And how smug does the guy come across as when he mentions how there's a lack of new music in there? No shit. Especially if you see a Libertine's album as the best example of contemporary songwriting.