aberdeen-music

Primal Scream to play Music Hall

Guest onlynik

£40 for tickets, £4 booking fee, £4.85 postage!!, it only costs £1 to send stuff recorded, I ahte companies that screw you on postage.

Guest onlynik
that's my tickets purchased. think this about the tenth time I'll have seen them in the last 13 years.....

that 4.95 delivery charge - on top of the 2.50 booking fee - is an absolute disgrace.

I'm just waiting to get them from the box office.

Guest bluesxman
The new single Country Girl is horrible(sub standard' date=' sub standard - Rolling Stones), much prefer the dark electronic stuff.[/quote']

I agree. The last attempt at this direction after Screamadelica failed miserably, why bother again. Think I shall save myself the cash. Wasn't too impressed with the Evil Heat stuff either mind, Vanishing Point was the last good thing they did for me. That version of Some Velvet Morning With Kate Moss was horrible.

Guest MKII
Best thing they've done for a while I think. Reminds me of Slade.

Old stuff!?

If thats their best for awhile, they must really have been sucking bad the past few years then.

I dont own any of their albums now, but thinking back, I think I like their first one the best, hah(contradicting what I said earlier!)! 8)

The new album Riot City Blues is fantastic. Its trashy rock and roll, full of cliched lyrics, but it seems to work so well and is getting well deserved rave reviews. I saw them at QMU earlier this year and they are on fire at the moment. This should be a cracking gig.

Expect to hear Kill All Hippies, Kowalski and Swastika Eyes. They always play those.

And they are currently ending their sets with a cover of Gimme Some Truth which is a high tempo version of Lennon's classic.

• 5 months later...