aberdeen-music

Games today

Untitled

Having been an avid gamer for many a year now, i've been somewhat disappointed with the games that have been released recently. Games like Gun, Red Faction, final fantasy x2 and pretty much every film adadpted game that i have been excited about but have ended up feeling like they were either rushed or simply missing something.

And for me the key part of any game is a boss at the end or a level or stage, or a decent storyline, which for me simply have been missing from all these 'must have' games

it has pissed me off so many times to become so excited about a game that looks good and sounds good only to be let down by it either being too short or too easy (if anyone has played the zone of the enders they know what i mean :p)

there have been a few good games though over the last few years that have be original and worthwhile

xiii, killzone, ico and shadow of the colossus for me have been small step away from the repetition of the hitman's, the gran torismo's, the silent hill's and all the sport games that are practically the same apart from updated squads.

i've been hardly buying any games now because of the rubbish that is being released

so has anyone bought any game and felt like it was hardly worth the hype, or found a great game that had been hardly advertised at all?

Guest onlynik

BF2 Euro forces, once I got it working mucho fun. I can't wait for Spore, looks really good. But AOE3 and Rise of Legends both sucked big time

I have noticed a distince lack of exciting new games these past few years. I think the last one I got genuinely excited about was Rome: Total War.

I suppose I shouldn't complain though, the games I keep playing these days are sequels - Battlefield 2, CS: Source and Hearts of Iron 2. I'm looking forward to Spore and Medieval 2 this year though.

I completely agree, I've stopped buying games that I'm not 100% sure i'll like now... cos I end up wasting my money. I'm not totally sure it's the games getting worse or me thats getting less excitable but I can't remember the last time I got a game that kept me up all night playing though, like in my SNES days... probably Metal Gear 3, and that didn't take long to beat at all.

I'm quite impressed with Oblivion however.

incidentally GAME still operate a no fuss 10 day returns policy so if you buy a game and it's disappointing just bring it back for an exchange or a refund within 10 days.

i want a working amiga. if anyone has a working Amiga 1200 i'll happily buy it off you. :)

i miss swos :(

Guest five years

last game that had me playing it till i completed it was metal gear solid: snake eater. all very good apart from the meandering storyline and the huge cut scenes, but the actual mechanics of it: having to change camoflague all the time and the hunting for food bit and making sure it didn't go off was ace.

looking forward to grand theft auto IV in 18 months time and that's about it

incidentally GAME still operate a no fuss 10 day returns policy so if you buy a game and it's disappointing just bring it back for an exchange or a refund within 10 days.

What about within 6 months?... It seems I bought a game at Christmas when I was a tad 'festive', hid it, then promptly forgot about it til I found it last week...

i want a working amiga. if anyone has a working Amiga 1200 i'll happily buy it off you. :)

i miss swos :(

If you have a PC, why dont you just download an emulator? Then you can download games to your hearts content. Some of my discs are corrupt and I'm finding it really hard to get discs formatted and one of my joysticks is broken and I can't find another to buy. No-one uses serial ports since the USB came about I guess! Anyway, I'm sure the emulator would be less hassle for you..................

Legend of Kay is good for a refreshing change. Got it new for 5 and played it solid until it was done. Beyond Good and Evil is a quality bargain game too. If you haven't already played it, I recommend Kingdom Hearts.

I get kind of bored with the same old boss battles at the end of levels. I really enjoyed Tomb Raider Legend, but the big fights at the end of the levels were a total anticlimax. Why couldn't there have been a really tough puzzle instead?

If you have a PC' date=' why dont you just download an emulator? Then you can download games to your hearts content. Some of my discs are corrupt and I'm finding it really hard to get discs formatted and one of my joysticks is broken and I can't find another to buy. No-one uses serial ports since the USB came about I guess! Anyway, I'm sure the emulator would be less hassle for you..................[/quote']

it's just not the same. i demand authentic amiga action. plus we've still got 3 large boxes of games at my folks house.

it's just not the same. i demand authentic amiga action. plus we've still got 3 large boxes of games at my folks house.

I used to have more games than that but after only 2 years of neglect - quite a lot of the discs were corrupt. I know you can fixz= them but thats scuttery and doesn't always work. I hope your collection is OK! Authentic Amiga action Rocks!

www.trackmanianations.com

It's all you'll ever need. :up:

Also, I tend to agree with the whole thread...the TrackMania series is the only games I give the time of day to these days, although there is one or two I wouldn't mind checking out. Exit and Loco Roco for the PSP seem pretty cool, and being a huge MGS fan MG Acid 2 and the forethcoming MGS: Portable Ops also have my attention...

As for the "next gen", gotta say I'm not all that excited. Sony are overpriced and boring. Microsoft are just boring. Nintendo have a good idea, but will it really be revolutionary or just a "fun for five minutes" gimmick?

Oh well. *Plays TrackMania*

i've recently bought a few games that are totally taking up my time which im glad are difficult and challanging

manhunt

final fantasy X (had it for ages but still great :) )

shadow of the colossus

24 (although not that good, stiff fun and very different)

i use www.gamespot.com for reviews and guide to help me find out how good or bad a game is

now looking forward to get Burnout Revenge and have just bought resident evil 4 off play :)