aberdeen-music

Benicassim Festival @ Valencia, July

RossP

Anyone else going to this? I'm heading down with a mate who works for MTV2 - which means on top of the free beer, food, sun, sand and waterparks... i'll see these guys... Line-Up 2006

12Twelve

Ainara LeGardon

Aldo Linares

Alex Smoke

Alexander Kowalski

Archive

Art Brut

Babyshambles

Calla

Chris Brokaw

Coc Cilo

Codec & Flexor

Coldcut

El Columpio Asesino

Corazn

Depeche Mode

dEUS

Dionysos

Dominik Eulberg

Dominique A

Echo and The Bunnymen

Editors

Ellen Allien & Apparat

Erol Alkan

Franz Ferdinand

The Futureheads

Garzn

Green Velvet

Grupo Salvaje

Le Hammond Inferno feat. Namosh

Dj Hell

Howe Gelb

'Sno Angel

Humbert Humbert

Isole

Ivan Smagghe

James Holden

Jay-Jay Johanson

Jennifer Cardini dj

The Kooks

Lou Barlow

Madness

Manta Ray

Matt Elliott

Matthew Herbert & Dani Siciliano

Michael Mayer

Miss Kittin

Mojave 3

Morning Runner

Morrissey

Ms. John Soda

Nada Surf

Nadadora

Nathan Fake

The Ordinary Boys

The Organ

Pixies

Placebo

Poni Hoax

Queens Of Noize

Radiosoulwax Presents Nite Versions live and 2manydjs

Justice

The Rakes

Rework

Rufus Wainwright

Scissor Sisters

The Secret Society

She Wants Revenge

Sr. Mostaza

The Strokes

The Sunday Drivers

Superpitcher

Teitur

Tom Verlaine with Jimmy Rip

Venus

The Walkmen

We Are Scientists

White Rose Movement

Yann Tiersen

zZz

Does anyone stronglyrecommend any of these artists? I've already got a few in mind, but would like to see what others opinions and suggestions.

Art Brut, The Walkmen and Nada Surf were are on my "to see" list.

As are, 2 many Djs; Morrisey; Chris Brokaw; We are Scientists; The Editors; Pixies; Nathan Fake; Justice; dEUS; The Futureheads; Morning Runner...

If only i could swap lineup at Truck, and put it in the south of Spain... postrocksunnyheaven

you heard there album' date=' its probs the most honest album ive ever heard[/quote']

You mean a band singing about how they formed a band? Even after looking at the lyrics section of their website, I'm struggling to understand what you mean, unless the only other album you've heard is by Kraftwerk.

Guest neil ex
You mean a band singing about how they formed a band? Even after looking at the lyrics section of their website' date=' I'm struggling to understand what you mean, unless the only other album you've heard is by Kraftwerk.[/quote']

Nah it's cause everything he listens to is approved by the eNeMEy..

You mean a band singing about how they formed a band? Even after looking at the lyrics section of their website' date=' I'm struggling to understand what you mean, unless the only other album you've heard is by Kraftwerk.[/quote']

well theyve got a song about how the singer is still in love with a girl he went out with when he was 15 but couldnt tell her and how nobody compares to her, they have song about erection problems, not many bands are big enough to write about that. The whole album tells a story aswell from when they start out forming a band and the ambitions they have, that every band has but they know fine they wont achieve. How sex drugs n rock n roll will fuck up your band. Its about growing up, going through puberty, forming a band and basically fucking up your life. It hits out at the bands who try n say they are so great when there really not and tells a realistic story rather than the fantasy one that band members want you to believe they live. Its also very light humered and the more you listen to it the more you understand and enjoy it.

Maybe single by single the songs are not genius but put together the album works brilliantly