aberdeen-music

Rockabilly Bass and Guitarist Needed

koolsville

I gather the majority of people on here are a good bit younger than myself, (I'm 44) but I'm still into music in a big way and it continues to play a large part in my life. Having said that, if you know me, I'm pretty much through with promoting gigs and DJing.

I've dusted down my old drum kit and slapped on some fresh skins and I'm praying there are some old geezers in this City who feel the same way.

Its about time Aberdeen had a Fifties Rockabilly band doing the rounds and I'd be delighted if I could track down a musician or two through this board who are into old fashioned authentic rockabilly (Johnny Burnette Rock 'n Roll Trio, Charlie Feathers, the Sun label etc).

A slap bass player and a lead guitarist would make a good start!!

By the way, if you're a young 'un, that would be cool too.

PM me if you're serious, please.

I gather the majority of people on here are a good bit younger than myself' date=' (I'm 44) but I'm still into music in a big way and it continues to play a large part in my life. Having said that, if you know me, I'm pretty much through with promoting gigs and DJing.

I've dusted down my old drum kit and slapped on some fresh skins and I'm praying there are some old geezers in this City who feel the same way.

Its about time Aberdeen had a Fifties Rockabilly band doing the rounds and I'd be delighted if I could track down a musician or two through this board who are into old fashioned authentic rockabilly (Johnny Burnette Rock 'n Roll Trio, Charlie Feathers, the Sun label etc).

A slap bass player and a lead guitarist would make a good start!!

By the way, if you're a young 'un, that would be cool too.

PM me if you're serious, please.[/quote']

Now I could offer my drumming services Gordon but seems you have that covered. May be a little geographically and demographically challenged but fingers and crepe's crossed! Nice to see you on the boards!

:up:

(Its Jim by the way):up: