aberdeen-music

encores

shaun

they're generally bands like rolling stones' date=' knopfler, bon jovi etc who DO put on a good show, but the physicality of their tiredness is minimal.

..[/quote']

yeah i saw bon jovi a few moons ago and they played for about 3 hours, cant remember if there was an encore

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
You're all wrong!!!!!!

Encores are analogous to extra time or penalities - or both. I can't believe that not one of you utilised this perfectly appropriate and extremely ensightful comparison. Limp dicks!

What if it's a league gig though? Surely your extra time/penalties analogy only applies to cup gigs. And does the away tunes rule apply?

Lime has already made that comparison. Read before you type?

Shit, I must have missed that comparison while Bowl O' Alpen was making that comparison or Christy was making that very same comparison before him. Trying to find all these comparisons is like trying to find a needle in a giant stack full of needles. And if you didn't get that comparison hopefully three more people will repeat it to keep this discussion fresh and interesting.

Guest lime ruined my life
And if you didn't get that comparison hopefully three more people will repeat it to keep this discussion fresh and interesting.

so you're deliberatly keeping the conversation stagnent by repeating what other people have already said?

well done?

Unless it's changed' date=' it was 80. I'd be amazed if things had changed so much there that it was drastically more.[/quote']

80 between 3 bands isn't too bad a deal to be honest. Any gig that gives you enough for a couple of beers afterwards is good at a local level.

I like it when gentlemen arise from their seats' date=' clap and shout 'encore, encore'.[/quote']

As long as it's pronounced encore to ryhme with 'hen door'.

I also quite like seeing people go ape for an encore and then not getting one from the band and looking sad.

On Monday The Research came back on for another song and looked genuinely touched we'd shouted for more as 'that didn't happen last time we played here' apparently. It was sweet.

Guest DustyDeviada
£80 between 3 bands isn't too bad a deal to be honest. Any gig that gives you enough for a couple of beers afterwards is good at a local level.

I agree' date=' people are too quick to diss The Malt Mill because its not usually "scene" bands that play there.

There's a whole thread about the place here:

[url']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20517