aberdeen-music

I have next week off work

Does anyone have any reccomendations on what I should do with my time off?

Any exciting bands playing in Aberdeen?

Should I just get pished?

Should I spend it coming up with song ideas?

Should I just play championship manager until my right hand turns into a claw?

1. Morning : wait 'til the house is empty' date=' throw one over the wrist, then back to sleep.
    [*']Mid-morning : More sleep
  2. Lunchtime : Think about getting, then throw another one over the wrist.
  3. 14:00 : (at the earliest) - actually get up. Go to your favourite fa(s)t-food (Mickey D's, BK, KFC) and have a combined breakfast/brunch/lunch.
  4. 15:00 : Got to Brucies or Rip&Off and use your creditcard to treat yourself to something nice (amp, geetar,pedals - whatever) - after all, your ARE on holiday.
  5. 15:00-17:00 : Time taken to get over buyers remorse. I find alchohol particulary effective.
  6. 17:00-20:00 : mair pish, than maybe a takeaway.
  7. 21:00 - hame tae feed the cat, then trawl the clubs in a continued search for your Nat King.
  8. 02:00 - Back hame for either a) aformentioned Nat King Cole b) attempt to throw one over the wrist as consolation.
  9. 04:00 - repeat 1- 9 until back to work.

DZL

I've got most of the week off too! I'm gonna try and make my spare room into something that resembles a bedroom (as opposed to a rubbish dump) - feels like quite a gruelling task - I don't have a scrap of furniture or a carpet - the walls have been graffiti'd by the previous tennants child and I don't know what I am going to do with all the crap thats in there already. You could come & help - there will be strunkeness :laughing:

Guest bluesxman
Meh' date=' it's gonna be PVH on Friday, then dussingtons for some like ales and witty banter.[/quote']

Dussingtons? I'm thinking of going to The Tunnels Friday so may see you there. If your mates are scared of PVH they may be slightly terrified of An Albatross, they are....interesting....

Dussingtons? I'm thinking of going to The Tunnels Friday so may see you there. If your mates are scared of PVH they may be slightly terrified of An Albatross' date=' they are....interesting....[/quote']

Cool, probably will do then. I'll drag Dave along since the look of terror on his face the last time he saw PVH was priceless, so An Albatross will be even better. I'll probably go see Flaming Katy on Saturday night if I can cope with getting out of bed.

Also for next week: Possible band practice, woo!

Guest bluesxman
Just wait until you see the new band Hines and I have.

I'm looking forward to the gig on friday. Awesomo.

Topless in small leather jackets? :up:

Guest bluesxman
That could go either way really...

It wasn't meant to sound as sleazy as I've just realised it probably did seem unless you saw PVH at the Lightning Bolt gig....

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I don't know what I am going to do with all the crap thats in there already. You could come & help

I'll easily give you a hand, just give us a shout. I am fucking great at tidying. Not much doing from Thursday onwards, other than a trip or two to Fortress Weep.

actually you should start with Alamos' date=' Fiction/Action, Parity's Fall and Some Young Pedro at the Tunnels on Thursday.

Or the Needles at Snafu. Or even Son Henry at Drummonds. Thursday has lots of choice...[/quote']

thursday is indeed chocabloc with good gigs. i really wanna see the needles and also feel bad for hardly ever seeing fiction/action. alas i am skint and have to do essays for friday.

oh and you slowdazzle, you could go on 7 different day trips to places you've never been before.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Oh well....... It was worth a try - I've got Jake to help me now anyway - Hurrah! This site is ace - The folk here will help you with anything :up:

It was a serious offer, by the way. I live pretty close to you, I think. Exotic Woodside.