aberdeen-music

Lead v Bug

britheguy

I've been thinking about getting one of those guitar-bug things. However I've heard both good and bad about them. Has anyone got some advice on these things, or other such like things.

Or would I be better sticking with the good old trip hazard, better known as a guitar lead?

If so which would be decent leads to go for. I use Planet Waves just now. The ones with the different colour plugs for amp and guitar!!!

cheers

I use both.

I have a Samson Airline Wireless system. No problems with it - does the trick.

I also use Planet Waves leads, I can't praise them enough - they've never failed me and are nice and quiet and sturdy.

Regarding the wireless, they seem to have slightly more noise to them (note slightly) and seem to alter your tone a little bit.

If it's all about your tone then use your leads, but if you want the freedom of being able to move about alot when gigging (don't use the wireless at home, unless you wanna go through billions of batteries) then the wireless is good, cos it's not like you can't still have a good sound while using one.

Helped? :up:

I use both.

I have a Samson Airline Wireless system. No problems with it - does the trick.

I also use Planet Waves leads' date=' I can't praise them enough - they've never failed me and are nice and quiet and sturdy.

Regarding the wireless, they seem to have slightly more noise to them (note [u']slightly) and seem to alter your tone a little bit.

If it's all about your tone then use your leads, but if you want the freedom of being able to move about alot when gigging (don't use the wireless at home, unless you wanna go through billions of batteries) then the wireless is good, cos it's not like you can't still have a good sound while using one.

Helped? :up:

That's a good idea about not using one at home. I'm a great believer in thinking that when you play in a band situation you can get away with a slighty lower tone quality due to the rest of the band. However in the house you have more time to listen to what you really sound like. This is where the leads would come in to their own I suppose.