aberdeen-music

Guns N Roses UK Tour

Stephen

apparently these are the dates that will be announced withing the next week (source = classic rock mag)

July 18th - Sheffield, Hallam FM Arena

July 19th - Newcastle, Metro Radio Arena

July 21st - Glasgow, Secc

July 23rd - Manchester, MEN Arena

July 25th - Birmingham, NEC

July 27th - Nottingham Arena

July 28th - Bournmouth Arena

July 30th - London, Wembley Arena

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them at Leeds a few years ago' date=' they were pretty good, but it was weird seeing some other guy playing all Slash's solos.[/quote']

Me too! It was the one year we broke the Reading tradition. Not sure if I'd pay to see them again though. I saw them on the Spaghetti Incident tour way back when, and the new GnR are rubbish in comparison. I'd rather keep my good memories- ta.

Guest bluesxman
why the fuck are they still touring?

Exactly the thought that goes through my mind every time a Babyshambles gig is announced in Aberdeen.

Guest bluesxman
I saw GnR in Gateshead around May 1991 or 1992' date=' I think it was.

They were shite - even wiht Slash & Duff there. And a fucking 8 strong orchestra section.

Still, Faith No More and Soundgarden supported, so that made it a worthwhile trip![/quote']

Great support line up!!8)

Exactly the thought that goes through my mind every time a Babyshambles gig is announced in Aberdeen.

bet you theres loads more people on this forums went to see babyshambles than this joke, babyshambles have released an album in the last year and sold over 100,000 copies, babyshambles are currently recording their new ep, guns n roses are nothing nowadays

bet you theres loads more people on this forums went to see babyshambles than this joke' date=' babyshambles have released an album in the last year and sold over 100,000 copies, babyshambles are currently recording their new ep, guns n roses are nothing nowadays[/quote']

Jeez, don't cry, eh? I'm sure Pete will manage to survive even if he does get slagged off in a GNR thread.

While the current GNR is a joke, I can safely say that they are a bigger draw than P Doh!, as I like to call him - his recent gigs in Glasgow, Aberdeen & Edinburgh still won't get a much people as one night in the SECC.

If Pete could convert his tabloid notoriety into album & ticket sales then I'm sure he'd be selling out a tour of this magnitude and headlining a 60,000 person festival.

Guest bluesxman
bet you theres loads more people on this forums went to see babyshambles than this joke' date=' babyshambles have released an album in the last year and sold over 100,000 copies, babyshambles are currently recording their new ep, guns n roses are nothing nowadays[/quote']

The Babyshambles album is now going for a fiver in FOPP. For an album released not too long ago that's pretty laughable. An honour usually reserved for Pop Idol winner's albums.

The Babyshambles album is now going for a fiver in FOPP. For an album released not too long ago that's pretty laughable. An honour usually reserved for Pop Idol winner's albums.

So any band who's album stays at same price is good? :nono:

I wish Axl would change the name I mean it's only got 1 existing member in the band.

Jeez' date=' don't cry, eh? I'm sure Pete will manage to survive even if he does get slagged off in a GNR thread.

While the current GNR is a joke, I can safely say that they are a bigger draw than P Doh!, as I like to call him - his recent gigs in Glasgow, Aberdeen & Edinburgh still won't get a much people as one night in the SECC.

If Pete could convert his tabloid notoriety into album & ticket sales then I'm sure he'd be selling out a tour of this magnitude and headlining a 60,000 person festival.[/quote']

im sure if pete took a bunch of randoms and called themselves the libertines it would sell out the secc just as quick, guaranteed

im sure if pete took a bunch of randoms and called themselves the libertines it would sell out the secc just as quick' date=' guaranteed[/quote']

I doubt they could sell out the SECC. Yr average man on the street couldn't name 3 libertines songs, but they could probably name 3 guns n roses songs.

Axl's ginger corn rows are quite terrible...

Guest bluesxman
So any band who's album stays at same price is good? :nono:

I wish Axl would change the name I mean it's only got 1 existing member in the band.

Not at all but having your album being sold at bargain bin prices so soon after release can't be a good sign.

I'm not some fanatical G 'n' R fan by the way, but I do like them and if they played Aberdeen would go out of interest as i'm sure loads of people on this forum would. Flick through the satellite music channels and you frequently see G 'n' R songs being shown, can't say I often see Babyshambles songs being played, even when they had singles out!

Too be honest i don't think there are many bands about today that will be in the same position as G 'n' R, Metallica, Iron Maiden et al. By this i mean that they can drop off the radar for a few years, fuck everyone off in one way or another, and still come back and sell out venues.