4.45pm: Fiona Keenan & Caroline Kemp

5.30pm: Kathryn Sawyers

6.15pm: Amber

7.00pm: Welfare Mothers

7.45pm: Holy Folks

8.30pm: Pete McConville

9.15pm: The Little Kicks

10pm: Lorenzo Snow Collective

Compere throughout the evening will be Kitchen Cynics, also featuring music from Nebyudelic Sound System and some pretty beat poetry from Rapunzel Wizard and Hilda Meer.

hey. i'm putting on a gig (fairtrade' date='local produce,general politcal/social issues awareness type thing) at the tunnels on the 31st - would be cool if you took down some flyers for your gig and i can give them out at the door. cheers.

[url']www.myspace.com/ethicalaberdeen

hi, that'd be great. much appreciated, ill bring flyers along with me!

cheers

The running order for the stop the war benefit at kilau on friday 2nd june is:-

4.30pm: Welcome from Kitchen Cynics

4.45pm: Fiona Keenan & Caroline Kemp

5.30pm: Kathryn Sawyers

6.15pm: Amber

7.00pm: Welfare Mothers

7.45pm: Holy Folks

8.30pm: Pete McConville

9.15pm: The Little Kicks

10pm: Lorenzo Snow Collective

Compere throughout the evening will be Kitchen Cynics' date=' also featuring music from Nebyudelic Sound System and some pretty beat poetry from Rapunzel Wizard and Hilda Meer.[/quote']

So is Alan actually playing?

So is Alan actually playing?

yeah he will be playing, but not a full set as such. instead he will be compering, and performing a few songs over the night inbetween bands. but we have'nt discussed how this will exactly play out, since there probably is no need to, and things will just tick along on the night.

Im sure Alan himself may have more definite ideas about what he will be performing, but of course im leaving that up to him.

cheers

kevin

Was probably STW Aberdeen that put it into the Worker :) It was also discussed briefly at the last Aberdeen North/Central SSP meeting so a fair few party members may be in attendance!

Great lineup..hope i can make it.

hi sam

its a mystery but i figure they just lifted the information from the stop the war website. its pretty much word for word. all the best kevin

UnplugtheWar CD available for sale at Kilau (and beyond)

Hi All

we've put together an MP3 compilation CD to help raise funds for stopthewar UK. The CD will be available for sale tomorrow at the gig for £3.50, and afterwards via the myspace site, and hopefully here and there around town too. Here;s the track listing...

Raise the Alarm

1. Amber - Raise the Alarm

2. The Little Kicks - the Optimist

3. Welfare Mothers - the Orchard

4. Fiona Keenan - yesterday's dirt

5. Holy Folks - Seventeen

6. Lorenzo Snow Collective - the Horn

7. Pete McConville - Risen Early

8. Fiona Keenan & Caroline Kemp - do re mi

9. Nebyudelic Sound System

(with Jannes van der wal Appreciation Society) - More than a sketch

10. Kitchen Cynics - Songs of Spring (new version)

featuring soundbites from: George Bush II, Neil Young, Noam Chomsky, Professor Jorge Hirsch, Rt. Hon. Tony Bliar MP, & Rose Gentle.

RaisethealarmCDSmall.jpg

Today (for the Stop The War benefit) I'm selling the LAST remaining copy of a promo CD I did for US radio sessions (30 copies only) which has Kathryn's recording of "Crow" on it, along with songs by Amber, Le Reno Amps and the Holy Folks.

I'll let it go for three pounds, but you'll have to be there if you want it :)

Today (for the Stop The War benefit) I'm selling the LAST remaining copy of a promo CD I did for US radio sessions (30 copies only) which has Kathryn's recording of "Crow" on it' date=' along with songs by Amber, Le Reno Amps and the Holy Folks.

I'll let it go for three pounds, but you'll have to be there if you want it :)[/quote']

Ill be bidding for this precious item i think

Today (for the Stop The War benefit) I'm selling the LAST remaining copy of a promo CD I did for US radio sessions (30 copies only) which has Kathryn's recording of "Crow" on it' date=' along with songs by Amber, Le Reno Amps and the Holy Folks.

I'll let it go for three pounds, but you'll have to be there if you want it :)[/quote']

There will also be a few copies of a specially recorded Nebyudelic Sound System CD available at the gig for sale to raise funds.

3...it ended up going for 11..dead chuffed!!

hope everyone that was there enjoyed it. It was such a fun day and im so glad we were asked to play with so many great local acts.

My Highlights were people clapping after our songs, Alan (of corse), the welfare mothers but most of all Kathryn Sawers..just amazing and very sexual...and amazing!

3...it ended up going for 11..dead chuffed!!

hope everyone that was there enjoyed it. It was such a fun day and im so glad we were asked to play with so many great local acts.

My Highlights were people clapping after our songs' date=' Alan (of corse), the welfare mothers but most of all Kathryn Sawers..just amazing and very sexual...and amazing![/quote']

i really wanted that CD. i would have paid 11.50! the whole evening was fantastic, we raised 300, with more to come because lots more folks want a copy of the compilation CD. Plus we got the live recordings now which ill have ready soon as possible. And somewhere in there we got Kathryn live too, solo and playing with Philip B. Rae-Lorenzo.

many thanks to everyone who came along and who played and to hugh and rob from stable table promotions. In particular to Alan, who was a star. but i thought the little kicks were AMAZING.

the plan now is to run other similar nights here in aberdeen and in other scottish cities in collaboration with other stop the war groups. so we're looking for local bands who want to play elsewhere, and also for foreign bands who would want to play here. so if any of you want to help out in any way with this then send me a message here or via the myspace site www.myspace.com/unplugthewar which we will continue to use.

all the best

kevin