aberdeen-music

X-Men 3: THe Last Stand **SPOILERS**

I loved it. Pheonix was full-on apocalyptic awesome-ness' date=' and Beast was great too.

And the chess piece wobble was brilliant!

Death to Vinnie Joens EVER being in a film again.

Who is Moira?[/quote']

Moira McTaggart fae Muir Island! Prof X's ex bit of stuff/woman on the video screen during prof x's lecture on ethics. Most Scottish character in a comic book, ever!

what a load of complete shitty-bollocks!!! this movie was crap in comparison to the first two, and why???? i'll tell you why...because they changed the director. Bryan Singer did an excellent job in directing the first two movies, the story-lines were alot more interesting and the intergratiion of the use of power was great. X-men 3 is all a jumble and there is no real insight into the story-line. I mean, what the hell was the phoenix bit all about?! I originally thought that the phoenix was an entity from outer-space who wished to experience feeling and desire etc. the whole split personality thingy with Jean Grey was blooming ridiculous, and the death of Charles Xavier was un called for. ALTHOUGH...the special effects were very good, and storm and jean did look mighty tasty. yum. and Beast was awesome, the magical line " oh my stars and garters". classic Frasier comedy moment. all in all: bad movie, good use of effects, characters were kinda interesting all though didn't get to see some of the mutants full potential, mystique loosing her powers was shit (but she looked oh so good too :p), charles dying was a baaaaaaaad idea and was distressing to watch. For a X-geek like myself, i was long awaiting this movie; ever since the second one finished in the cinema. Twas a real let down. Jess you were right.

Guest Logan

Well I happen to think it was rather good indeed. Yuh huh. Yes, I did.

**Good points**

Wolverine was awesome in this one. He actually got to use those claws for once. SNIKT.

The fact that "Logan" was said around 50 times made me giggle into my coke.

Storm actually getting to do something! And using her powers a lot better too. And damn that hair was hot.

Magneto was just great in this one. And yeah, he really did suck in the second one.

Getting to see the REAL ICEMAN!! That bit had me jumping off my seat! I'm glad that didn't get spoiled!

Kitty Pryde. OOOOH so cute!! That pink outfit....*HOT*

The use of "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut BITCH!" I just wish they used "I'ma hit you with your own PIMP!"

Mystique getting naked.

Wolverine vs Juggernaut at Jean Grey's house. Oh that was classic.

FASTBALL SPECIAL!!! Why has no one else picked up on this???? They did it twice!

SENTINEL!!! I don't care if you only saw his head! And yes, Day's of Future Past indeed.

Rogue sapping Colossus' power and becoming metal. That was decent.

Seeing Wolverine's adamantium skeleton as he approaches Phoenix.

Stan Lee AND Chris Claremont both having cameos! ^_^

***Bad Points***

Cyclops not getting a look in. AGAIN! Seriously, point of him being in ANY of the movies? Cyclops is supposed to be the MAIN dude!! Stop just making Wolverine The Movie part 1,2 & 3

Professor Xavier dying. Any need? That kinda fuck things up for a sequel. yes yes, I stayed til the end. But what are they gonna do, give that guy some amazing plastic surgery til he looks like Prof X again? Bit rubbish. Cool death scene tho. That smile....kinda creepy.

Angel Angel Angel. What a fucking pussy! Honestly. And then he does fuck all. Ooh, comes in at the last second and saves his dad. So what? we all wanted him to die anyway! They could have at least got him a uniform! ooh ooh, and they could have explained why there was X-Rays of him at Alkali Base (see the wall next to where Wolverine got his bones laced with Adamantium in movie 2). Lack of archangel too.

No Icebridge/surfing from Iceman!!

why did Psylocke look so hot yet do nothing? And they changed about her powers, like the did with all the other Omega Gang. Like Kid Omega being called Kid Omega when it's clear he has Quills power.

Juggernaut being a mutant. And no mention of being Xavier's step brother.

Trask being in the movie with no mention of the sentinels.

Beast not being the same dude as the second film, granted Fraiser Crane did an amazing job, this just kinda miffed me off.

Leech playing an XBOX 360......boo!!

and um, yup yup.

Well I thought it was cool.

And I can't wait for the Wolverine film....and the Magneto film.....and the Emma Frost film!!!! And apparently they're making a film based on some of the X-Kids. Hopefully it won't be crap like Generation - X was!!

Guest Logan

Just because people were moaning about Nightcrawler just being forgotten about, I bought the X-Men 3 game which is a sort of X-Men 2.5. And well, here's what happens!! (I wrote this before I'd seen the film, and it was late, so ignore the spelling and grammar)

Start of the Game/Movie/Story....

Cyclops is shown at Alkali Lake (y'know, the bit where the 2nd movie ended) looking out over the lake with a rose. He falls to his knees. "Jean...." A something comes rushing through the water, a big bright light it says "why?"

Then suddenly, Cyclops wakes up....

We see Beast giving a speech on Mutants and what not. He talks about Stryker trying to kill all mutans and then talks about Magneto being on the run. Talks about good mutants and bad mutants and how they must stop Magneto.

Storm is talking with Proffessor about Jean saying that her death took a toll on all of them, and that he'd get his power back? Prof X tells her that it's not him, it's Cerebro...

Logan (haha, that's me!!) is still grieving over Jean's death and seeks solace in the Danger Room. Nothing takes his ming off his problems like a good fight.

He fights Sabretooth on the top of the Liberty Statue (just like film 1). The fight rages on, and he's about to be beaten before Bobby 'Iceman' Drake makes the save. Wolvie ain't happy about it. Iceman says that he's not thinking straight since Jean died etc.

Iceman tells him that Cyclops was supposed to meet him here to go over some training. Wolverine helps him instead. Iceman flies around the LIberty statue defeating enemies etc.

The Proffessor tells off Logan about setting the Danger room to level 10 and warns him how dangerous that is, even for a mutant of his calibur. He asks him to join him in his office where he informs the X-Men that the parts Stryker stone for his Dark Cerebro must be recovered if he hopes to track down Magneto. He sends Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus to retrieve them.

As they approach Alkali Lake, the defense systems come online and shoot missles at the X-Jet. Storm (just like movie 2) uses her powers to destroy them, but more keep coming. Nightcrawler volunteers to teleport down to the facility and shut the defense system down.

On the way there, he encounters looters who are seemingly taking anything of interest. He eventually gets in and shuts down the automated defenses to let the team in.

Nightcrawler and Colossus team together to find Dark Cerebro. Kurt falls to his knees grabbing his head. He has a vision of Jason Stryker. "Why did you leave me to die?" "no...I didn't leave you..." Colossus asks what's wrong, Kurt just tries to forget about it.

Jason keeps haunting Nightcrawlers every move. As he enters the Dark Cerebro, he is confronted by SENTINELS!! Nightcrawler eventually defeats them and he and Colossus grab the parts they need.

While this is going on, Storm and Wolverine encounter a group of looters trying to activate this machine. It just so happens to be a giant Sentinel head. Wolverine makes quick work of the looters. But as he does, Lady Deathstrike appears and takes Storm. (yes, how DID she survive!!)

He soon discovers the Looters are HYDRA agents. And appear to be working with Lady Deathsrike. She eventually leads Logan into the Survival Room where she asks Wolverine if he remembers it. Apparently he was severely beaten and burned constantly to test his regenerative ability, just as Yuriko was.

Wolverine and Deathsrike finally come face to face....again. Wolverine releases Storm, and she knocks out Deathstrike. The Hydra agents continue to look for things to steal and they come accross Master Mold!! The GIANT Sentinel mainframe thing.

As both teams leave, they see helicopters taking off. Wolverine runs and jumps onto one, digging his claw into it and riding away, saying that he's not going to let her (Yuriko) get away again.

Storm asks if the others got the parts. They tell her that they were attacked by robots.....that looked just like THEM!! Storm turns around to see the Giant Master Mold and a horde of Sentinels flying away.

Back in the mansion, Xavier tells them that it must have been hard being back there with so many bad memories. Nightcrawler mentions the robots, and Charles tells him that they don't know about the full extent of Strykers plans. Nightcrawler talks about his son, Jason, and that he kept seeing visions of him telling him that they left him to die. Xavier tells him NO ONE was left to die at Alkali Lake, and that seeing Jason is probably just a residual effect of the mind control. He tells them that he told Beast he'd help him find Magneto as their main concern, and let the government deal with the sentinels for now.

At this point, the story sort of splits into 3 ways...

Nightcrawler and Storm travel to Brooklyn Bridge to stop a rioting gang of mutants....soon they find out it's not a gang, it's just one man....sort of. Yes, they come face to face with Multiple Man who has put bombs all over the bridge. Nightcrawler quickly takes care of them and defeats Multiple Man (he's in the movie if you didn't know).

Iceman is sent on his first solo mission by Xavier, realising that his skills would be best fitted for the job. Although as he gets closer to the Power Plant, he sees the cause of all the fires. PYRO! The former classmates do battle with each other. Iceman prevails, and stops Pyro from destroying the power plant.

Wolverine is tracks Lady Deathstrike all the way to Japan to an ancient castle from the age of the samurai. Wolverine fights his way through HYDRA agents to get to Yuriko. He finds her talking with Silver Samurai. Who asks her if she remembers anything. She tells him that the Master Mold has been activated. Samurai tells her that it's probably heading to Hong Kong for the Inhibiter.

That's where Logan makes his entrance. He and Yuriko fight to the death....again, with her being crushed under a huge pile of rubble. Logan catches up with Silver Samurai. He tells Logan he knows all about the Weapon X Program and about Stryker. HYDRA, who he apparantly is the boss of, went into business with Stryker to build the Sentinels, however he didn't know that Stryker had turned against mutant kind and reprogrammed them. Logan asks if he was the one that activated Master Mold, when Samurai cuts in saying that was a mistake, and that he is in fact a mutant. Logan then beats him to get some information about what it is that's in Hong Kong. The Inhibiter that can destroy Master Mold.

The X-Men travel to Hong Kong. Whilst flying over head, the Sentinels shoot down the X-Jet. Iceman is sent to get the Master Mold Inhibiter from HYDRA headquarters. He gets it, and then fights off a couple of sentinels who have their targets set on other mutants in the downtown area. He is almost back to the crash site when he sees giant sentinels about to crush his friends. He fights them off and gets praise from his team. Magneto shows up to help them with Sabretooth (yes, how is HE alive too?) and they beat off some sentinels and use the inhibiter to blow open a whole in the Master Mold.

Iceman flies into the central core of Master Mold and destroys the centrol node which deactivates all sentinels worldwide, he barely makes it out alive as the place explodes behind him. (this bit was SOO ripped off of the Falcon run against the Death Star II in Return of the Jedi (sorry, Star Warks Geek moment there)).

Nightcrawler takes Wolverine onto the Master Mold. Wolverine goes off to find Sabretooth. But Stryker gets in his head and makes him believe he is back at Alkali Lake, in the room where his bones were laced with adamantium. All of a sudden, Weapon X jumps out of the tub thing and attacks. Logan then has to fight 100 Wolverine clones (inner demons) to get Stryker out of his head.

Nightcrawler goes off to find Jason Stryker who we have learned is the one responisble for it being active and who is controlling it. Nightcrawler has another vision, this time it's Jason's good half, who is asking to be liberated. Nightcrawler comes face to face with Jason, but he uses his mutant powers against Kurt and makes him think that he's in hell. Jason tells Kurt that he isn't a mutant, but infact a demon! Kurt gets mad and fights his way out, eventually shutting down Jason. But as the place starts to come down, Jason is crushed under a huge piece of wreckage. Sabretooth comes in to rescue him.

Wolverine stops them. Sabretooth drops Jason, saying he still has some time to 'play'. Nightcrawler quickly bamf's in and out to get Jason. Wolverine tells him to leave because he still has some 'unfinished business'

Logan and Sabretooth go at it tooth and..um, claw. With Wolverine eventually getting the upper hand and knocking off Sabretooth, but he grabs onto Logan and pulls him off the Master Mold which is falling out of the sky.

Nightcrawler has Jason in his arms trying to save him, but he gets another vision of Jason thanking him, say he did enough. He cared. And with that, Stryker died. Magneto tells the X-Men that the score is settled, and the next time they meet, they will be against each other. Logan is shown seemingly burying Sabretooth.

Back at the Mansion, Xavier and Beast are talking about how no one knew about William Stryker's last great montrosity. Nightcrawler comes in and says he is leaving, for he can't do this any longer. He is just a simple man. He thanks Xavier for what he has done for him, and commends him on his work. Xavier says the door is always open for him.

Cyclops is seen entering a house. He opens a door and finds Jean Grey sitting there next to what seems to be Xavier and someone else....not sure, then all of a sudden Jean starts burning, the door closes. Cyclops bangs away at the door shouting "Jean!!!!".....

To Be Continuted.....

I thought it was a pretty cool film...

Admittedly I have never really read any of the comics, so lots of characters and things changed between the comics and movie I missed out on, but looking at it just as a film, it was still well worth the visit to the cinema

One thing that I noticed - the bridge, how the hell did it stay standing after they moved it? suspension bridges work from the cables being held tightly over the solid uprights to hold everythign in place, not dangling about at the ends over two uprights that magically float (which held even after magneto was stopped, so he couldn't have been holding it the whole time)

is it just me who sits in films and notices things like this that are completely impractical? I remember the superweapon in Batman begins works on water - yet leaves humans (who are mostly made of the stuff) alone...

Oh and the [insert car bomb/terrorist joke here] when magneto is chucking hte flaming cars at them on alcatraz :)

Onwards to Xmen 4 (the last stand, again)?

David

well it was meant to be the last xmen but they left too many cliff hangers, like this mysterious scene at the end of the credits (i never stayed to see it meself... wish i had though)and eric's wobbling chess piece, i laughed at that... so good. And the new director (i won't say his name because he disgraced the previous movies... horribly.) I'd have to agree that Charle's death was totally uncalled for but the whole his face on a plaque thing was even worse. DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF HIS NOSE!??!?!?! I mean I know Patrick Stewart has a big nose but give the guy some credit, he rocks! Multiple Man was mentioned like twice or something... who is he? But Kitty annoyed me.... she was good in the part and stuff but in all three movies, the actor changes... and since when did she suddenly get a uniform?!?!?!?! I'll grant that she becomes one of the Xmen in the comic but there was no lead into it. Colossus did so that's understandable.. he should of been russian though, that would've been awesome. The bridge part... was awesome I'll admitt, but they could've of taken a boat or something, to me it was just the director's attempt to get some awesomeness into the movie again. And the pheonix.... she had completely changed. No fire, just some sort of black plague look (that'll I'll admitt was cool) but you needed fire and a pheonix manifestation or something. And she should of been the dark pheonix, dark pheonix was cooler. BUT OKAY! I'm done. Angel sucked, beast rocked, juggernaut sucked and that little cure boy could've of been like a messiah or something, but no, he was just a stupid random like so many others characters. LATERS!!!!:gringo:

OH YEAH AND ROGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL WOMAN?!?!?!?!?!? GIVING UP YOUR POWERS?!?!?!?!? you stupid stupid bad accent ejit, you were a mutant, that's cooler than being stupid. and you so did it for bobby, and he's not even that cute... you prat. I'm ashamed of you young lady. Just disappointed. You suck so bad, I couldn't stand you in the second movie but this... this... was the line. I think I've made my point. LATERS!!!!:gringo:

In responce to the above Rogue rant... I have to kinda agree... In the cartoon series Rogue is cool as fuck but in all the movies she's been shite.

Rubbish. She has a rubbish power too.

To be fair on the girl... Imagine a life without loving :( but yeah... Bobby isn't that nice... he has a slightly irritating face and bad hair - nifty powers though. AND AND AND what was the deal with him and Kitty? The boy has a girlfriend... if I were Rogue I'd be getting some power drainage on his ass.

good idea. take some of his ice power, freeze his ba's and render him incapable of infidelity.

Rubbish. Too much going on, script was awful, story was rushd and clumsy. Although I liked the core team at the end, Shadowcat, Collosus, Iceman, Beast, Logan and Storm, good old Claremont/Whedon team. However Collosus was only used to toss wolverine around and both him and Kitty were underused, however she got her scene with Juggernaut.

The music was really intrusive in the talking bits, just left it feeling like a crap trailer. Loved the elements of the final battle, lifting stoff from Morrison's and Whedon's X-Men, which are the best two x-scribes in decades.