aberdeen-music

Mdp Presents: Geneveive, 10 Easy Wishes, Tears Of Grace Friday June 2nd

Sounds like someone's caving in.... ;)

It was always the plan to charge less if not all 4 bands were goig to be playing. We just didn't put "plus 1 band tbc" confirmed on the poster by mistake. :p

I usually charge 2 for local gigs when its 4 bands (apart from the last one which was 3) so...theres no change.

yeah, the gig with Along Came Man was £4 then we lowered it to £3 with the plan of booking a 4th locl band to add to the bill, it was always gunna be £2 on the night if we didnt get annother band.

(and as ben said we missed the "+1TBC" from the posters by accident)

Even if it was £3, would it really be that big a deal? Part of the MDP ethos is to pay the bands as much as possible, giving them a decent payday in the land of piss poor payments - without insisting that they sell tickets or anything like that. It's an approach motivated by wanting to see sell out audiences and wanting to see bands get rewarded for what they do.

somehow i couldnt see you paying bands £250 each.....

Nah, we prefer to be sensible rather than pissing money up the wall ;) If we'd paid £250 each out, we would've lost nearly £200 on the night...so maybe that isn't the cleverest thing to do :)

• Upvote 1

Nah' date=' we prefer to be sensible rather than pissing money up the wall ;) If we'd paid 250 each out, we would've lost nearly 200 on the night...so maybe that isn't the cleverest thing to do :)[/quote']

you cant count for shit.

its nae my gig

and to be honest' date=' this one totally cant fail, its a no brainer. 3 seems a bit steep. a friday night in drummonds will see 200-300 through the door (easily) over the course of the night and this simply reeks of a shameless cash in[/quote']

if it's not your gig and nothing to do with you then why do you keep hassling them about charging 3? a pound a band seems okay to me, especially if they're looking to pay the bands a fair amount out of that. if it's such a guaranteed crowd for drummonds then good for the bands who are playing it.

okay there's no touring bands but maybe they could take any excess money from this gig and put it in a pot which might allow them to book a bigger band for the next gig.

the crowd wasn't as 'garanteed' as expected (mainly by you)... we payed the bands 100 each, and got a profit of roughly £25... LOL

not a bad night really, the bands were all great (even if 10 easy wishes were tainted by illnesses)

Considering there were loads of gigs on last night, and mendeed was packed - it went well.

the small profit is going to twards future projects, and we payed the bands as much as we could from the door :)

I had fun.

10 easy wishes were awesome - made me sing

genevieve were stunning