aberdeen-music

replay..what are your opinions?

Guest MDP

Guest bluesxman

I'm instantly loathing them due to one influence being listed as 'John Lennon and the silver beatles', no matter what their music may sound like. Fuck off. They should also learn to run their My Space page by someone that has a basic grasp of spelling.

they have a manager and a sound tech and are gonna take uk by storm!

from what i can read on their myspace they dont have a sound tech, they have a mate who drags around their equiptment...

By no means terrible, but I wasn't too impressed. I mean it isn't awful, just kinda run of the mill? Didn't grab me. Sorry lads. Try make better use of the two guitarists? By this I mean: try not to have the two guitars playing the same part all the time. Get some chords in behind the lead guitar parts, and try playing a combination of single notes with the corresponding power chords etc? It'll add a bit texture and beef up the sound a bit. Just my 2 cents. Good luck anyhow :up:

Andy

If you really want honest opinions then here goes -

The music is not terrible, but it's not good. Not saying you won't ever be good, just that you're nowhere near there yet. You have much more to learn than you seem to think.

Your Myspace does you no favours at all -

"The Band themselves deam thier main fan base is from thier massive sex appeal."

"Gibb is the lead guitarist of replay. He's an Ace guitarist and is good at making up riffs for the band."

Who wrote this? It's dreadful.

Concentrate less on the hype, and more on just getting out there, playing gigs and coming up with quality tunes. I suspect you can.

and from what i can read on their myspace they dont have a sound tech' date=' they have a mate who drags around their equiptment...[/quote']

Ha, probably one of thier parents.

"The band with Original Material of award winning Quality have recently found thier ability to succeed at anything"

Oh dear.

main fan base is from thier massive sex appeal. - right yeh hmmm

manager a 19 yr old kid who doesnt have a fuckin clue probably how the music industry actually works as a manager!

SOMEONE NEED TO SHOW THEM MY AVATAR - USE ONE IT HELPS THERE NOT MADE FOR NOTHING!! ARGH FUCKIN BOLLOCKS CUNT FAG SHIT BUCKET FANNY FARTIN AXE WOUND!

joke music

was quite shocked to see this on their upcoming gigs tho:

Jun 17 2006 2:45A AECC ABERDEEN

?(

i think this date is the youth festival thingy abdnshire council runs every yr its just one day with heaps of things for kids to do all the youth groups from aberdeenshire get free buses to and from it last year it was at thainstone think it was calle dlive and loud or something

The music is not the worst I've ever heard, but it's definitely down there. However that myspace is awful. It's like a spoof of a real myspace page. Surely they know how bad it reads?

If their "manager" has seen the page and deemed it ok then he should be fired.

from the manager's page:

Your wizard will also be seen reviewing musical talent in and around Aberdeen. Constructive help is shown to Aberdeen bands.

who is he and who's he reviewing gigs for?

Why have a band that's only just started (their drummer's only been playing for a year!) and are playing pubs in peterhead got a manager anyway? Surely he's not doing anything they couldn't do even better themselves.