aberdeen-music

Belladrum Teartan Heart festival 2006

Biz

''Belladrum - homegrown heaven In the Highlands (you'll feel great and you'll smile a lot).

The craic's amazing, the people friendly, families love it, the setting is stunning, the music blows you away and it's all on a relaxing human scale you can enjoy without that Tiananmen Square sensation of being overwhelmed by numbers

Now in its third year, Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival offers over 90 acts on five stages over two days.

New features include the Seedlings Stage for new or unsigned artists and the Venus Flytrap Palais, a stage totally dedicated to the wonderful and sometimes, frankly, weird in music, theatre, cabaret and performance art.

All that and much, much more: street theatre; kids' entertainments; stalls, food and drink; alternative therapy; dance, etc. Keep an eye on this site as we up-date it with the latest additions to what promises to be an epic festival.

As one of our patrons said of last year's event: 'I've been to most of the big UK festivals and Belladrum was the best by a long, long way. The atmosphere was spot on...'''

I'm going to attempt to go this year - sounds banter and a fair few good bands also.

'

My family and I went last year, along with a pile of friends (and their respective families) and we had an absolute blast, despite the pishy rainy weather - great site (the main stage is below a terraced italian garden, so no problems with seeing the acts). Toilets got a bit grotty by the sunday, but that's par for the course for any festival, and queues at the food stands could be a bit long. Not enough litter bins either, but all of these points were raised on the website afterwards, and it's been promised that this year they'll be addressed. Plenty of stuff for kids to do - drumming/theatre/monster make-up/dance workshops, usual festival stalls and a really really nice vibe to the whole thing.

We're going again - have already bought tickets.

Regards

Flossie