aberdeen-music

Go on - have a laugh at my expense!

Bass Cadet

This morning when I left for work it was blazing sunshine so I selected a lovely pair of flip flops to adorn my feet for work. At midday however the heavens opened. I was indifferent, I quite like wearing sandals when it's rainy so I can splash about in the puddles without having to put up with wet shoes for the rest of the day. I went out to lunch, the rain stopped. I left my mates after my allotted hour (and a very nice sandwich), got 10 yards and it started with the hail. Not just any hail, huge fuckers like musket balls stinging me through my clothes - oocha! I was hurrying along when I caught the toe of my flip flop in a drain which put me all out of kilter. To regain my balance (without falling on my arse) I must of taken my foot out of my sandal. It went plop - down the drain - leaving me with only 1 sandal, but not only that, in my struggle to regain my balance I stepped in a very fresh feeling dog turd (it was warm and squishy). So I found myself in the situation where I only had 1 shoe and the other foot was somewhat mucky (easily washed off in a puddle though) and still a fair distance from work although I did make it back. Now the dilemma though, how can I walk home with only 1 shoe? I live in Tillydrone and there is a lotta glass aboot!

HOLY SHIT! i find myself in those situations all the time' date=' well not that one, but many like it.

its like being traped in a fucking movie!

sandals are cheap, buy another pair.

good luck

:up:[/quote']

It wasn't the loss of the sandal that was the problem - I'm a girl, I've probably got at least 10 pairs - it's the running the glass gauntlet in bare feet to get home - well bare foot as I still have 1 sandal, but walking around in only 1 sandal has it's own embarrassment factor too!

I saw a woman in a pair of flip flops on ym way to work. I thought to myself "you fucking moron. This is Aberdeen' date=' not Australia"[/quote']

Maybe it was me.....:up:

I know I shouldnt but I absolutely loathe socks and you don't need socks to wear sandals so I brave the cold!

Maybe it was me.....:up:

I know I shouldnt but I absolutely loathe socks and you don't need socks to wear sandals so I brave the cold!

I hope it was you. it justifies me thinking of her as a fucking moron....cos she will have stood in dog shit and lost one of the aforementioned articles of clothing.

I hope it was you. it justifies me thinking of her as a fucking moron....cos she will have stood in dog shit and lost one of the aforementioned articles of clothing.

Well what did she look like? Where did you see her?

Wearing sandals is better than having stinky feet - to keep your feet wrapped up when the weather is clearly nice enough for you to set those toes free is moronic :up:

cant mind' date=' she was walking down george street though.

and the pure mad goffik is some bloke that has two boots and a foot that doesnt reek of dog shit.[/quote']

Wasn't me then........ And the dogshit is long gone - my foot has since been disinfected and perfumed - It was a good excuse to kill some time through in the nurses room and not work!

Home time is looming and I've managed to scrounge up a pair of old wifie shoes that are only 1 size too small!

what you should do tomorrow is to try to gain revenge on the dog.

have a shit on the pavement then' date=' hopefully, the bastard mutt will step on it by mistake.

that should make you feel loads better.[/quote']

I think I'd probably get arrested if I took a dump outside Farmfoods! Anyway I found the whole experience thoroughly amusing - standing in the pelting hail with one foot in a sandal and one in a dog turd. I haven't laughed that hard for months - my belly muscles are still sore!

Anyway got home fine, I was just worrying unnecessarily (as usual) All's well that ends well and all that............. :laughing:

This morning when I left for work it was blazing sunshine so I selected a lovely pair of flip flops to adorn my feet for work. At midday however the heavens opened. I was indifferent' date=' I quite like wearing sandals when it's rainy so I can splash about in the puddles without having to put up with wet shoes for the rest of the day. I went out to lunch, the rain stopped. I left my mates after my allotted hour (and a very nice sandwich), got 10 yards and it started with the hail. Not just any hail, huge fuckers like musket balls stinging me through my clothes - oocha! I was hurrying along when I caught the toe of my flip flop in a drain which put me all out of kilter. To regain my balance (without falling on my arse) I must of taken my foot out of my sandal. It went plop - down the drain - leaving me with only 1 sandal, but not only that, in my struggle to regain my balance I stepped in a very fresh feeling dog turd (it was warm and squishy). So I found myself in the situation where I only had 1 shoe and the other foot was somewhat mucky (easily washed off in a puddle though) and still a fair distance from work although I did make it back. Now the dilemma though, how can I walk home with only 1 shoe? I live in Tillydrone and there is a lotta glass aboot![/quote']

Brilliant - have you ever considered a career in comedy ????

In a strange twist of fate, I have my missing sandal back! I had noticed that the offending flip flop was floating in the drain (they were cork coated) but unknown to me, a mate of mine went and lifted the drain, retrieved my flip flop and returned it! It's very clean (I think he must of washed it) What a crazy thing to do! - Daft sod!