aberdeen-music

babyshambles

Marc

The way I read it on the article on the P&J website' date=' the fire alarm was due to one of the amps blowing, rather than an act of stupidity.[/quote']

yeah i got told that the amp blew up coz heaps of drink was getin hurdled onstage, dunno whether thats true tho.

What is it about folk singing Stand Free at gigs anyway?!

Anyways, well worth putting up with it for Time For Heroes :up: That and Pipedown were their best last night.

Shame about the twats that take things too far, but was really enjoyable once it kicked off again, most jumping i've seen the Musica Hall be in a long time!

Yeah i loved the new songs which was a pleasant surprise as i just expected album stuff to be played along with a couple libs songs.

Would have loved them to play some b-sides and the first single Babyshambles.

Was i being greedy?

I think so

yeah i wanted babyshambles, the man who came to stay and do you know me? got them the last time tho so cant complain, thought the setlist was pretty good

The way I read it on the article on the P&J website' date=' the fire alarm was due to one of the amps blowing, rather than an act of stupidity.[/quote']

Yeah thats why it went off, i heard the amp go off, then the resultant cloud of smoke and electrical surge set off the alarm.

It was the bassists amp incidentaly and not Pete's as reported in the P&J. Anyone notice that Pete was unable to tune a guitar and that shambles second guitarist spent most of the night teching for pete rather than actually playing.

Highlights of set for me included:

Time For Heroes

What Katie Did

Fuck Forever

Kilamangiro

Albion

thought the rest was pretty ropey.

In all a good gig marred by ass-hole footie casuals outside, which is why the fights broke out. I was taking a whizz round the corner of the music hall when a guy (running like Ben Johnston out of the traps) legged it past me followed by 10 other guys. I spoke to said guys when they came back out of breath and they, thank christ, hadn't caught him.

The second fight erupted on the steps of one of the offices next to the music hall and was a result of the first incident. The group of guys who had returned from chasing the other guy laid into another guy which involved me and a group of other guys acting as a human shield between the 10 or so guys and this one guy until it diffused.

Funnily the police where standing about 20 yards away and didn't see or do anything about it. Which resulted in me having a go at them. They then, after all parties had left, went to 'check it out'. A shining example of the effectiveness of Grampian Police, fucking useless.

The Shambles

Yeah true enough marc.

If i were to compare the two gigs the one at Moshulu was miles better as the crowd was more crazy and the venue was tiny which made for better connection between the band and the fans

( the real ones that is and not the fannys that come to the bigger venue gigs with their boyfriends or girlfriends or worst stiil there parents)

oh shit that'll start a war of words

Anyone notice that Pete was unable to tune a guitar and that shambles second guitarist spent most of the night teching for pete rather than actually playing.

mick is petes guitar tech, hes just standing in coz patrick waldens a cunt

Anyone notice that Pete was unable to tune a guitar and that shambles second guitarist spent most of the night teching for pete rather than actually playing.

mick is petes guitar tech' date=' hes just standing in coz patrick waldens a cunt[/quote']

Yeah, i'm aware of that.

If i were to compare the two gigs the one at Moshulu was miles better as the crowd was more crazy and the venue was tiny which made for better connection between the band and the fans

Without being a gig elitist, I think you're pretty spot on. Though the crowd were hyped like fuck last night.

just to clear things up which one do u know?

or did u mean both?

I was aware that he was Pete's tech and that Patrick had left the band and he was filling in on tour. I just thought it was a shame for him because instead of getting to play all the gig he was behind the scenes sorting out Pete's guitar and not providing us with the second guitar parts.

I was aware that he was Pete's tech and that Patrick had left the band and he was filling in on tour. I just thought it was a shame for him because instead of getting to play all the gig he was behind the scenes sorting out Pete's guitar and not providing us with the second guitar parts.

still prefer that to having a women beating junkie playing guitar, god i hate patrick walden so much

yeah its a really good review' date=' was expecting them just to mention the riots and nothing else, like the last time when they mentioned how fans were nasty to barstaff and pete had a go at the press. Lets just hope pete goes into rehab now coz after meetin all them idiots last night you realise that he'll just get worse hanging around with them[/quote']

in the p&j?

if so - i am sat opposite the person who wrote it right now!

i didn't go to the gig but i am glad it seemed he played well - it would of been a huge shame if he didn't turn up and dissapointed all those people.

Last night was awesome, I agree that it is a shame how there was people there intending to spoil it for everyone. My mate was talking to one guy and he was saying, “I’m not even a fan of Babyshambles, I’m just here to get wasted.” It’s people like that that cause the trouble.

When the fire alarm went off most folk were just standing around waiting, but there were some undesirables taunting the crowd, ending up in getting chucked out or getting a kick in, excuse my language, - c*nts. Pipedown was great after the re-start.

It was a great atmosphere though. Waited outside behind the music hall for about an hour, but the security said he left via the front, not sure if this was true, but couldn’t be arsed waiting any longer. Any idea when Pete left?