aberdeen-music

babyshambles

Marc

To clarify why i thought the gig was poor, the high teenie fan girl and bam percentage in the audience was irritating. I don't mind the mega fans too much as I'd be the same if it was Kim Deal or B0lly Corgan up there, but all the fucking neds do my head in.

That "lead" guitarist was absolute pish, they played too much of their dodgy reggae stuff which actually sounds worse live than on record. My main gripe was the complete lack of passion they seemed to put into the performance, which made the band's lack of musicanship really show through. I think Pete Doherty attempts at guitar playing could have been the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Bob Dylan play a guitar solo.

The only really great moments were when Pete played a Libertines song or a Babyshambles single.

If only it was the Dirty Pretty Things, I bet they rehearse for a start.

Mr. Doherty needs to drop all the hangers on and yes men and sort himself out.

high teenie fan girl and bam percentage in the audience was irritating

Good point, a bunch of them pushed their way past us at the front and were so unbelievably irritating. Minor victory was secure when we got their ringleader ejected.

If only it was the Dirty Pretty Things

Not a huge fan like, don't think they have the tunes.

Last night was awesome' date=' I agree that it is a shame how there was people there intending to spoil it for everyone. My mate was talking to one guy and he was saying, Im not even a fan of Babyshambles, Im just here to get wasted. Its people like that that cause the trouble.

When the fire alarm went off most folk were just standing around waiting, but there were some undesirables taunting the crowd, ending up in getting chucked out or getting a kick in, excuse my language, - c*nts. Pipedown was great after the re-start.

It was a great atmosphere though. Waited outside behind the music hall for about an hour, but the security said he left via the front, not sure if this was true, but couldnt be arsed waiting any longer. Any idea when Pete left?[/quote']

he was outside for ages before the gig, shouldve went round the back then

Unfortunately this story all makes sense although when on earth would he of been dumped outside????

Those 3 girsl are the ones we met and one had been receiveing calls from her school about her non attendence for her a levels!!!!! I dont understand these folk that follow him about and the hangers on's.....why would you aspire to be that way

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006230734,,00.html

Guest bluesxman
Unfortunately this story all makes sense although when on earth would he of been dumped outside????

Because the selfish junkie c**nt was scared of being nicked himself, was that not obvious from the story? ?(

Those 3 girsl are the ones we met and one had been receiveing calls from her school about her non attendence for her a levels!!!!! I dont understand these folk that follow him about and the hangers on's.....why would you aspire to be that way

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0' date=',2-2006230734,,00.html[/url']

i know, why would you miss ur exams to hang about with a bunch of total idiots, and trust me they were complete idiots. The thing is pete is stuck with them now, he needs them as much as they need him, they are having the time of their lives, their all just junkies who dont have jobs and pete gives them money to travel the country with them and buys drugs for them.

yeah...the medics were rushed through the back prior to support bands and then the woman appeared and went through the back too. I am guessing if that guy was dumped out the back it must of been prior to that.......there were a lot of people milling about there before we went in.

yeah...the medics were rushed through the back prior to support bands and then the woman appeared and went through the back too. I am guessing if that guy was dumped out the back it must of been prior to that.......there were a lot of people milling about there before we went in.

its been a bit exaggerated, just speaking to someone who seen it and what happened was they took him outside then phoned an ambulance, they never just threw him out and left him. Still what a bunch of cocks

To clarify why i thought the gig was poor' date=' the high teenie fan girl and bam percentage in the audience was irritating. I don't mind the mega fans too much as I'd be the same if it was Kim Deal or B0lly Corgan up there, but all the fucking neds do my head in.

That "lead" guitarist was absolute pish, they played too much of their dodgy reggae stuff which actually sounds worse live than on record. My main gripe was the complete lack of passion they seemed to put into the performance, which made the band's lack of musicanship really show through. I think Pete Doherty attempts at guitar playing could have been the worst thing I've ever seen, and I've seen Bob Dylan play a guitar solo.

The only really great moments were when Pete played a Libertines song or a Babyshambles single.

If only it was the Dirty Pretty Things, I bet they rehearse for a start.

Mr. Doherty needs to drop all the hangers on and yes men and sort himself out.[/quote']

ok fair enough i can agree with most of what u are saying, especially about the neds who were there.

why do people feel the need to chant "STAND FREE" at gigs when there is clearly no connection between the music and football.

my apologies slowdazzle

That bastian of great journalism, The Evening Express, is running the OD story on their front page - http://www.thisisaberdeen.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=148760&command=displayContent&sourceNode=148586&contentPK=14519463&folderPk=85349

POLICE PROBE CLAIMS DOHERTY'S COUSIN OVERDOSED AT GIG

Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

10:50 - 24 May 2006

Police were today probing claims that Pete Doherty's North-east cousin overdosed backstage before the troubled rock star's Aberdeen gig.

Mark Peter, of Inverurie, was with Babyshambles frontman Doherty before he played his sell-out concert at the Music Hall on Monday night.

Mark is said to have overdosed on heroin and then slipped into a coma.

The 30-year-old was enjoying a belated birthday celebration and says he remembers being sprayed with champagne and sung happy birthday to by Doherty before coming round in hospital.

Mark was on his way to hospital as Doherty, infamous for his on-off relationship with supermodel Kate Moss, was going on stage.

Today Grampian Police said they weren't aware of the incident at the Music Hall but would be investigating.

A spokesman said: "We will be making inquiries into the circumstances surrounding the alleged overdose."

Duncan Hendry, chief executive of Aberdeen Performing Arts which runs the Music Hall, pledged to co-operate with any police inquiry.

And he vowed Babyshambles would not be invited back if there is any indication drugs were involved.

"We were aware that someone was taken ill and was taken away in an ambulance," he said.

But disputing claims Mark was dumped outside the venue to be collected by paramedics, he said: "The man walked out."

He added: "If any drugs were involved we are obviously completely against that, we don't condone that at all.

"If there is any indication that that was what happened we would not be having that band back in the Music Hall."

Lord Provost John Reynolds also said music venues should "think twice" about allowing Doherty to perform in the city again.

"If there is truth in the matter it does not give out the right impression to our young people at all," he said.

"It's very good thinking of the interests of young people and the various music they like but the sort of incidents this music attracts we could do without."

Doherty's promoters were not available for comment.

...more importantly' date=' they are running a poll -

[b']What do you think of Pete Doherty?

Troubled genius: 27.8%

No good junkie: 72.2%

bet the majority of people voting on this poll havent even heard a babyshambles song. They gonna stop every band that take drugs from playing in aberdeen?

Duncan Hendry' date=' chief executive of Aberdeen Performing Arts which runs the Music Hall, pledged to co-operate with any police inquiry.

And he vowed Babyshambles would not be invited back if there is any indication drugs were involved.

He added: "If any drugs were involved we are obviously completely against that, we don't condone that at all.

"If there is any indication that that was what happened we would not be having that band back in the Music Hall."[/quote']

Hello, Duncan, where have you been?

i thought on the night that it was the most amateur gig that i had ever been too, what was with all the people hanging around the stage doing fuck all but drink the rider?

it didn't even look as though babyshambles had any gear with them(that's musical gear) did they use odeon beat clubs stuff?

the side kick guitarist tuning up petes guitar while pete was standing with a where the fuck am i look on his face???

half of their songs were really good and the rest sounded like they were just making them up as they went along.

for me odeon beat club were the best band of the night.

is it only a problem in scotland with these people throwing beer at the bands?

i think that beer will be banned at any gigs at the music hall/exhibition center if this doesn't stop then the venue will up the price of the tickets to cover for the loss of beer money that could have been taken in on the night.

:moody:

is it only a problem in scotland with these people throwing beer at the bands?

I think you'll find it's actually only a problem with Babyshambles - in all my years of gig going I've never really seen bands get pelted with booze.

i think that beer will be banned at any gigs at the music hall/exhibition center if this doesn't stop then the venue will up the price of the tickets to cover for the loss of beer money that could have been taken in on the night.

That's very unlikely - even if they budgeted for 3 beers per person then they have to up the ticket prices by 8 - 10 to cover the loss. That means, for example, it would have cost you 42 to see Morrissey last month and even the cheapest bands at the MH would cost a minimum of 25 - which is harldy going to encourage concerts like We Are Scientists to appeal to the casual gig goer.

I think you'll find it's actually only a problem with Babyshambles - in all my years of gig going I've never really seen bands get pelted with booze.

really? it happens all the time at exhibition centre and music hall gigs. never seen it in smaller venues though. i've never understood why it happens.

Guest bluesxman

I don't think it's the bands that are specifically targeted most of the time, it's a random launch of beer over the crowd. Always nice at a gig to receive a neck full of cold beer. :swearing:

or a neck full of warm piss at t in the park. Anyway on the note of the gig i thought they were fantastic. Good variation of songs, some new, some old. Peter didn't look as if he was of his tits which led to a better performance. In other related news, babyshambles are going into the studio in june to record a new E.P. "back on the net"

how many gigs do you go to frech-disko?

just about every gig that i have been too in the last couple of years pints have been thrown around once the band come on stage.

well, I went to 59 gigs last year and 54 the year before - I'd estimate i've been to around 20 so far this year....

what I meant was that it's not often you see the band pelted with loads of beer - the odd streay pint, yes, a barrage of pints, no.

Was it a stray pint or a hail of pints that greeted Doherty?