aberdeen-music

babyshambles

Marc

what a great gig, i know people are gonna come on here and say the rioting spoilt it but it never. And the little scuffles were not down to the bands fault at all. They look more like a band with their stand in mick rather than patrick walden. They came on at a decent time aswell to. Met pete before the gig as i gave some of his friends a lift to the music hall. He wasnt too wasted but he never smelt very nice. Thought the song choices were superb and put together well. Couldve got backstage but would anyone really want to go backstage with all them idots that hang about with him (trust me they were idiots), met a guy who called himself johnny headlock and another one called dynamite? All in all was a good night, got an exam in 9 hours so better get studying

Yeah we met 3 girls, one was from cork and they were with this guy johnny.....think they are all off some forum or something. Babyshambles put on a great performance last night and cannot be blamed for any of the trouble. That was all down to the neds that call themselves fans! I must admit i didnt enjoy it as much as i should of because of all the carry on and little wasted girls falling out of the crowd and being sick and collapsing. It will be interesting to see how the press slate the band for last night.

It was all very tense prior to the gig tho, there was a lot of coming and going from back stage. First aiders with latex gloves etc. Then one of his groupie followers.....had funny coloured dyed hair and a marroon velvet jacket on was standing crying for a while too. All a bit strange.

Yeah we met 3 girls' date=' one was from cork and they were with this guy johnny.....think they are all off some forum or something. Babyshambles put on a great performance last night and cannot be blamed for any of the trouble. That was all down to the neds that call themselves fans! I must admit i didnt enjoy it as much as i should of because of all the carry on and little wasted girls falling out of the crowd and being sick and collapsing. It will be interesting to see how the press slate the band for last night.

It was all very tense prior to the gig tho, there was a lot of coming and going from back stage. First aiders with latex gloves etc. Then one of his groupie followers.....had funny coloured dyed hair and a marroon velvet jacket on was standing crying for a while too. All a bit strange.[/quote']

it was his cousin who passed out, hes from aberdeen, he dedicated the gig to him. Yeah that guy bumbed into his ex girlfriend and got all emotional, his names damien, hes in a band called the blondes. Pete gave them loads of money so him and all his friends could travel up to the gig.

yeah i heard someone call him damien, sure his girlfriend was happy at him being upset by an ex. We had to let the 3 girls use our tickets to get out to the toilet cause that guy johnny was supposed to give them passes but didnt bother. What did the guy johnny look like???

yeah i heard someone call him damien' date=' sure his girlfriend was happy at him being upset by an ex. We had to let the 3 girls use our tickets to get out to the toilet cause that guy johnny was supposed to give them passes but didnt bother. What did the guy johnny look like???[/quote']

there was one guy johhny who was black but there were two other guys aswell, dunno there names, they all got the train here

It was a great gig. The thing that ruined it for me were the group of guys who pushed infront of everyone and spent the night chanting PETE PETE PETE. Saying that, didn't see them much after the fire alarm. I saw the news earlier, they didn't seem to be slating the band about it but P & J was speaking about the "controversial" band not turning up at the lemon tree before. Still, blaming the band for the violence would be totally unfair.

ok' date=' some of them were wanting to go back to edinburgh last night, not impressed there were no trains or buses like.

Good reviews of the gig in the paper, i was pleasantly surprised[/quote']

yeah its a really good review, was expecting them just to mention the riots and nothing else, like the last time when they mentioned how fans were nasty to barstaff and pete had a go at the press. Lets just hope pete goes into rehab now coz after meetin all them idiots last night you realise that he'll just get worse hanging around with them

for some reason about 8 guys took off out of gloden square after one dude. Then at that point a couple of little fights broke out then when the 8 gays cam back they just joined in. Saw one guy getting really kicked in the face while the p&j guy stood and took photos. then everyone got back in!

for some reason about 8 guys took off out of gloden square after one dude. Then at that point a couple of little fights broke out then when the 8 gays cam back they just joined in. Saw one guy getting really kicked in the face while the p&j guy stood and took photos. then everyone got back in!

was this all outside, we were still in, the bouncers were getin battered inside by people up in the balcony, thought someone was gonna fall over

wondered what had happened up there cause once we got back in we saw they guy getting dragged out by the police and someone punching him. Wonder what was going on out the front!

that was another guy, he was being a complete knob, making gestures at everyone and shouting at the police n stuff, was about 20 people trying to get to him, idiot

Guest bluesxman

'Queer bashing' revenge mob???

the shambles

Yeah it sure was an eventfull night but loads of fun.

Whoever set off the fire alarm was obviously trying to get the band some bad press but totally failed.

Yeah after hearing byres story about pete earlier during the day (that he was totally pie eyed) i feared the worst for the gig but he seemed pretty focused on the job in hand and played a storming set.

stage invasion near the end was well funny and the guy who jumped the balcony during the fire alarm.

UP THE SHAMBLES!!!!!!

yeah sorry it was all out the back. Check the P&J website it has 2 phots....one showing the guy on the lorry and the lorry covered in blood. We were stood just next to the photographer

Maybe i'm just being a total nobber but where the fuck can you see the photos i just see text. probably looking in the wrong place though. Any chance of a link??

Yeah it sure was an eventfull night but loads of fun.

Whoever set off the fire alarm was obviously trying to get the band some bad press but totally failed.

Yeah after hearing byres story about pete earlier during the day (that he was totally pie eyed) i feared the worst for the gig but he seemed pretty focused on the job in hand and played a storming set.

stage invasion near the end was well funny and the guy who jumped the balcony during the fire alarm.

UP THE SHAMBLES!!!!!!

The way I read it on the article on the P&J website, the fire alarm was due to one of the amps blowing, rather than an act of stupidity.