aberdeen-music

Cracked cymbals - again

Davey_sc

depending on how you paid for it they may be able to trace the sale. depends how good their till system is. phone them up and see what their policy is.

if they can't help without proof of purchase (have you got a credit card statement with the sale on it?) you could try the manufacturer I suppose.

It's a possibility that you're hitting them wrong.

Especially if it's taken 4 months to crack one of them. If you keep good care and hit your cymbals properly' date=' there should be no worries most of the time.

You could however just have a dodgy cymbal.[/quote']

It's unlikely that he's hitting them wrong.

The thing is that every cymbal has a weak spot running from the rim, in astraight line to the centre-hole. If you hit that weak spot directly with another bit of metal, or just a bumpo while moving it you can weaken it further until...'crack'.

If ZBT's are the Titanium ones they crack really easy if you hit the rim.

I used to have ZXT Titaniums' date=' and they got a fair battering. No cracks.

It's unlikely that he's hitting them wrong.

It's not "unlikely" at all. Many cymbals are broken through not hitting them properly.

If the cymbal is less than 12 months old, take it back with proof of purchase and you should get a replacement without any qualm whatsoever. If it's cracked within 4 months, then it's either just a bad egg, or you're not taking care of it.

You could try driling, or filling the crack with epoxy resin, but you're better off getting one new.

im sorry to say but ZBT's are bottom of the range and do crack very easily, for a few reasons, one i found with myself was because they are crap you tend to hit them harder to get more sound out of them when really your just damaging them.

best bet id say was to save up enough money to buy some good cymbols, and a good cymbol bag and then really look after them.

If none of that is any use then always go in and speak to them, but im not sure what the deal is with pack cymbols for getting them replaced.