aberdeen-music

Isobel Campbell + support

Guest bluesxman

Eugene Kelly did have the demeanour of a bored Geography teacher who had been forced onstage for most of the gig. I wasn't exactly expecting a hyper stage show so just judged by the music.

Guest bluesxman
This post was running through my head through the LSC set - I had to actually stop looking at the bassist because of it.

I was sat way up the back during their set but can safely say he should revise his haircut.

I wouldn't go that far. It started brilliantly but maybe sagged a bit in the middle but I enjoyed it again at the end. There was a real lack of stage presence though and the crowd were very quiet as well.

I'd agree entirely with this. Eugene Kelly made a god effort at filling in for Lanegan. I never saw the Lorenzo Snow Collective.

Looks like he gets the voucher then....Son Of A Gun it was.

Great show for the main part' date=' Isobel's one of my favourite female vocalists for sure. Eugene Kelly filled in well enough for Lanegan. The section which strayed more into country rock was dangerously close to pub rock territory but the rest of the show was brilliant, especially enjoyed the Wicker Man song, great version. Not sure about finishing the set with a Vaselines song being her tour, could have chucked it in the middle somewhere, but no matter.

Lorenzo Snow Collective were OK too.[/quote']

Yes - Graeme and I have come to an agreement.

and yeah Willow's Song from the Wicker Man was amazing