aberdeen-music

The Research + Kill baby Kill + colonopenbracket

What' date=' not even European Pussy Lickers 7? A friend of mine claims there's a film called Shit and Piss Kings 4 (so presumably Shit and Piss Kings 1, 2 and 3 too) - I hope he's wrong, but he's probably right.[/quote']

Urgh....

Not a good band name either, unless it was for a band playing scuzz-metal-bollocks-core or something.

What' date=' not even European Pussy Lickers 7? A friend of mine claims there's a film called Shit and Piss Kings 4 (so presumably Shit and Piss Kings 1, 2 and 3 too) - I hope he's wrong, but he's probably right.[/quote']

Would you be able to appreciate Shit and Piss Kings 4 without seeing the previous 3 though, that's the question?

wow

great night, ma two pences

:( had a bit of a crap night i think, lots of technical issues that will hopefully be adressed before they go massive an all that. im still of the belief that martin cant sing for shit, which is a shame, i was really hoping that they would have ironed out the problems that they had at earlier gigs, as i was expectign a finely honed machine, fair dos a lot of it was studff that probably couldnt be helped. i reckon the vocals need attention though, maybe some backing vox to fill out the sound a bit??

kill baby kill were tremendous, a HUGE improvement. the guitars sounded great, they soudned tight, had the look and the songs seemed to be far more hitting. a great sound mix too! brilliant stuff. totally didnt sound liek a local band and knocked spots off of many of the imitators. i thought they sounded quite original too (which i never used to think)

the research were absolutely brilliant too, restored my faith in simple songs, so much charisma and big smiles. rubbish band but the songs totally shoen through. thoroughly enjoyable, and had the crowd in their hands like warm putty

yas

good night

Yeh : ( weren't their best last night. I've never really thought of them as good live band for the fact that they have too much in their backing track taking the live feel away. I think that they need to sort out the drum parts now as they seem to be too fast for Adam to keep up with at times and also for having such lively music they aren't that lively.

KBK were awesome. I know they are the same band as before but there was something much different about them I felt. The songs were catchy and at the same time as Maxi said very very different and all together had a hint of proffesionalism in what they were doing.

The Research blew me away. When I listened to their stuff on myspace I knew I was expecting a good show but never expected as good as they were.

So laid back and made it hard for you not bop around as they were just so damn happy and catchy. Their interaction witht he crowd was very intimate which I liked. They never spoke down to the crowd and it added a lot to the atmosphere.

Superb. Hope they come back again.

It was a shame about : (, really wanted them to go out with a bang but oh well. Tech problems can't be helped though. Shame about the Soccermoms blips lacking and all!

Without going against the grain or sounding to cynical, I really didn't like killBabykill. As somebody said to me 'if they were around 25 years ago, they would have been tremendous'. Not that I totally agreed with it, but it reminded me of a bad punky-human league-darish mashup and didn't agree with me. Good luck to em' though.

The Research were absolutely tremendous and made me regret I hadn't gone out to see them the last few times they'd been up. Not enough bands give quality stage banter either these days. Right enough their tunes are catchy and carry them along where technical ability doesn't. I now want a keyboard.

Guest NULL

during the second band there was a huge flow of people to the outside.

I was inside for the third, not my thing, didn't think the stage show was particularly good and the guy playing the little keyboard annoyed me because the keyboard seemed to keep playing even when he banged it on his knee at the back and nothing was touching the keys. MP3 player?

Good atmosphere though, good crowd and not too much mess

I was inside for the third' date=' not my thing, didn't think the stage show was particularly good and the guy playing the little keyboard annoyed me because the keyboard seemed to keep playing even when he banged it on his knee at the back and nothing was touching the keys. MP3 player?

[/quote']

Wasn't that due to the fact he was hitting it and therefore causing some sort of vibration which made the keyboard make a sound maybe i don't know the tecnical explanation but it certainly wasn't an mp3 player.

I was inside for the third' date=' not my thing, didn't think the stage show was particularly good and the guy playing the little keyboard annoyed me because the keyboard seemed to keep playing even when he banged it on his knee at the back and nothing was touching the keys. MP3 player?

Good atmosphere though, good crowd and not too much mess[/quote']

Shame people disappeared during KBK - they missed a rather marvellous set.

I'm still not quite convinced by : ( live... I like their MP3s, but the live performance was still lacking something, and I'm not sure what exactly.

KBK - fabulous, perhaps a couple of balance issues? Occasionally Sharon's vocals a little difficult to hear over the guitar, especially noticed in "Killing People After School" but that could be due to where I was standing rather than anything else. "Do You Wanna Do Me" is fast becoming one of my favourite songs.

The Research - Wow. Sums my thoughts up completely. I loved the combination of the female vocal harmonies with the rest of their music, very "happy" music, yet heartfelt at the same time. I will definitely be going to buy their album when I get a chance.

Overall a great gig :) cheers to whoever put it on!

I too was disappointed with : ( live after waiting ages to catch them. Love the mp3s but thought the live performance was a bit flat, lack of action onstage, vocals frequently kinda off-key, technical problems out of their control and the like. Could be amazing. Time will tell.

Highly impressed with Kill Baby...Kill. Much improved on times I've seen them under different names before, great sound although Sharon's vocals and Steve's guitar were drowned out on a couple of songs but no matter. Only complaint would be that the set seemed to go on slightly too long perhaps as there wasn't a huge variation in some of the songs. Impressive though.

The Research were sublime. They were ace supporting Mystery Jets at Moshulu when no one really seemed to be paying attention but with an enthusiastic crowd there to see them they seemed more in their element and I'll agree with the ace stage presence and simple songs providing a winning combination. Overall really enjoyed the gig but it was The Research I was singing on the way home :)

the keyboard played loops no??

im sure keyboard was a stage prop and the keys were played by a sequencer which could be discretely started by anyone in the band

too much random organ bashing to beleive it was actually playing any notes or triggering any loops (both require a certain degree of accuracy).....either that or the guy is a concert pianist diguised as an indie mentalist....ooooooor it was a combination of both....the main riffs were sequenced with additional random live stuff played over the top...thats the most likely/do-able

sounded fab though and thats the main thing

the next phase of KBK development involves sequencer usage also yo!