aberdeen-music

Help me choose some cymbals

ben_1903

Hello one and all.

Right. Well i need a crash for big choruses. I was thinking about a 17/18" avedis zldjian to go with my 22" avedis ride...does anyone have a similar cymbal? Is it any good?

And a decent 16/17" cymbal to accompany a main crash is needed.

I'm going to be trying out cymbals as you do in shops...but hitting a cymbal in r and b isn't quite going to give me and idea of if it's what I'm after.

cheers.

Hello one and all.

Right. Well i need a crash for big choruses. I was thinking about a 17/18" avedis zldjian to go with my 22" avedis ride...does anyone have a similar cymbal? Is it any good?

And a decent 16/17" cymbal to accompany a main crash is needed.

I'm going to be trying out cymbals as you do in shops...but hitting a cymbal in r and b isn't quite going to give me and idea of if it's what I'm after.

cheers.

Hitting a cymbal in R&B is going to give you a much better idea of what you're after than a dozen of us telling you what our favourite cymbals are. You know exactly what sound you're after.....none of us do.

For what it's worth, Zildjian, Paiste, Sabian, Istanbul, Meinl all make excellent cymbals....so quality-wise you can't go wrong.

I'd advise you to take your current cymbals along to R&B so you can see what they all sound like together.

Better still, don't shop for drum stuff in R&B....they're overpriced IMO. Bruce Millers are better....but your best bet is to try stuff out at the local shops, and then buy online.

Hitting a cymbal in R&B is going to give you a much better idea of what you're after than a dozen of us telling you what our favourite cymbals are. You know exactly what sound you're after.....none of us do.

For what it's worth' date=' Zildjian, Paiste, Sabian, Istanbul, Meinl all make excellent cymbals....so quality-wise you can't go wrong.

I'd advise you to take your current cymbals along to R&B so you can see what they all sound like together.

Better still, don't shop for drum stuff in R&B....they're overpriced IMO. Bruce Millers are better....but your best bet is to try stuff out at the local shops, and then buy online.[/quote']

yes, obviously. Just after some advice regarding what goes well with what.

Are r n b overpriced? I've always found them really good, helpful and always willing to give a discount.

I never thought they were over priced. polite but not over priced. but anyway, i do like your idea of the avedis.

and it is generally a case of finding a cymbal to fit with the crash. and for me ive always found that hard to do.

i take my cymbals in with me when i look for a new one. ask for help, i find that it is easier with a second opinion on how things sound. but thats just me.