aberdeen-music

MSTRKRFT SOON!! - (Tuesday 30th May) - will be awesome!!!!whos going?

this is going to be an awesome night and one i think people will regret not going to in 6months when they are much more well known!!!

MSTRKRFT :: Tuesday 30th May :: Snafu - 18-05-2006 00:06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RFR Promotions and Snafu present from Toronto, electro-punks MSTRKRFT!

The duo who not only boast one half of the very fine Death From Above 1979 but have also

been responsible for some amazing remixes of people such as Annie, The Kills, Buck 65, Nine Inch Nails and the incredible "2 More Years" remix by indie darlings Bloc Party.

They have also just produced dancefloor gold in the form of "Easy Love", a vocoder based track the likes of which Daft Punk wish they'd written which has label mates Metric's "Monster Hospital" reworked by the MSTRKRFT duo of ALP and JFK on the flip.

With a history in punk bands and a love of electro and house and a CV boasting solo production work for everyone from Jay-Z, Armand Van Helden to Blood, Sweat and Tears frontman David Clayton-Thomas so you can tell these guys have a diverse range of skills.

Be there or don't say "....aww I wish I'd seen them" when they, and new album "The Looks" is released soon and they become even bigger.

Both ALP and JFK will be djing in Snafu (1 Union St) on Tuesday 30th May,

yes Tuesday, I know it's a week night but these guys don't come along very often.

It will be on from 9pm - 2am and only 6/5 to come in.

Advance tickets will be on sale soon.

More info here http://www.myspace.com/mstrkrft and here http://www.clubsnafu.com

As an added bonus, the night doubles as the launch of Snafu Mag Issue 9...and those lovely Bay Area folks at Skyy Vodka have given us a load of free booze. So for those with advance tickets, arrive early and claim your free martini. Choose from 5, including a Cosmopolitan and a Big Apple. Mmmm...