aberdeen-music

What Grinds your Gears?

Benji

Volume

I don't know if it is just my excessively girly ears' date=' but most nightclubs seem to be at some annoying volume where you cant hold a normal conversation without shouting, gigs and suchlike I can understand, you go there for the music and there is the rock and roll element to it (I just wear earplugs) but quite a few times i have left to go other places in town so i can actually hear whats being said

I don't understand how most people seem to listen to walkmen and suchlike so loudly, surely it must be causing some permanent damage to their ears... I set mine so I can hear it nicely above external noise, but no louder than I need it.

Is this just me and my girly ears? everyone else seems happy enough in town and so on, I just don't bother often

David[/quote']

I have girly ears too.

One night i was chatting with a girl in town and kept having to ask herself to repeat what she was saying. When she got pissed off with my deafness and shouted "For Fucks sake!" and walked off i heard her perfectly

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind a gig being loud as I'm not going there to talk, but I hate it in clubs and especially pubs and bars. I suppose it's understandable in a club, but if I'm just going to a bar for a quiet couple of pints and want to speak to people I have to shout and end up waking up with a voice like Louis Armstrong (minus the singing ability). Even my local Pub has started blasting out music.

you know what really grinds my gears...

neds in denial' date=' i.e. neds' who keep on saying that their not neds,

get a grip and look in the mirror...everyone hates you.

i hate neds...but who doesn't.:swearing:[/quote']

'kin right!!! - Death to them all :swearing:

What REALLY grinds my gears about Neds, is that sneering way they look at their social superiors (me, for example) like something they've scraped off their tacky 250 trainers, yet all the while seemingly oblivious to the fact that it's my 30+ grand-a-year income tax that keeping the wee c***s going on Pot Noodles, B&H, Kappa and Sky TV.

No joke brother & sisters, if I thought for a minute that I could get away with it, I would easily club a few of the wee proud-to-have-more-ASBOs-than-you bastards to death and feel no remorse - only a sense of civic duty.

F*** this civil rights, namby-pamby, softly-softly, send the wee c***s on a safari for beating up a pensioner shite - BRUTALITY is the answer.

Mitigate the problem by ELIMINATING the problem :swearing:

DZL

Girls that think they can get what they want based on looks alone.This pisses me off extremely.Ive yet to meet one that i dont want to batter with a spade.

Bus drivers that are still at the bus stop and have just closed the doors and are just waiting for a good time to pull out yet still ignore you and not let you on when you miss the door by a nano second.Would they do this to a girl standing alone?Nop.

Customers that think theyre above me as im just a waiter.Snobbery - deserve a kick in the vagina.

People who chat to you half heartadley but arent really listening or giving two fucks about what your saying.

Kids that barge past you at gigs and spill your drink without even a word of apology or look.

"To cool for school" scenesters - you know who you are - A big bunch of fannies!

Lateness

Girls that get shitfaced in the space of an hour,cry,cause a scene then make a complete tit of themselves.Someone please tell them they are a state.

My dogs

people that call you self righteous for telling them to fuck off after they tell you to pick up a piece of litter

people that come into my work everyday just for that 1 minute conversation with you

people who dont know when to stop asking questions and change the subject

when i fuck up (usualy at gigs)

Guest NULL
no it was some late 30's bloke that i nearly got in a fight with

if you got into a fight with a woman you could pull each others hair, shed probably win because she was taller than you though :laughing:

Bands that re-release songs. For example' date=' Editors, who have released 7(!) singles from "The Back Room". Bullets, Munich, Blood, Bullets, All Sparks, Munich, Blood. I can understand the Bullets re-release, after all it was limited edition, but two others? especially when they were minor hits as well?![/quote']

agreed - that is annoying, espicailly when people/radio DJ think they are "so up to date" with these bands. it's quite cool if you get original singles tho - i have a limited addition release of mr brightside by the killers from back in 2003.

Knowing that the new Strapping Young Lad album has leaked today but not being able to find it. Its called "The new black" if anyone can help.:up:

* Quoting Rune * It's nothing original , it sounds like everything else they have done , ihatejamaicans , i am the elite ! *Unquote Rune*

Another thing to grind my gears is the Daily Record letter like notes one of my neighbours has posted on the front door of my building regarding me playing guitar during the fuckin' daytime.

'SOME people work nightshift'

Some people might have the cojones to at least sign a name at the bottom of a note, or even instead knocking on my door and a) asking me nicely to turn it down, or b) beating me in unarmed combat like an 8 year old with no hands.

Banging on the wall like a dick gets nothing solved either.