aberdeen-music

What Grinds your Gears?

Benji

oh man there's nothing worse than a semi-fat goth chick with badly dyed black hair in a corset with matching scrapes and scratches over her arms.

Its even more amusing when myself and Jake offer her a tenner to carve "I love Spike Pile Driver" into her arm. She does it and when she asks for her tenner...what tenner?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
oh man there's nothing worse than a semi-fat goth chick with badly dyed black hair in a corset with matching scrapes and scratches over her arms.

Ever wondered why they never wear long-sleeves? You wouldn't see the scratches if they did, hence no attention.

apologies for ruining the tone of the thread but what is there not to get about cricket?!

/x

I get cricket for the most part, but there's a heap of terms that have never really been explained whenever I've watched it. Like I think an over is 10 bowls long, from the time I spent an afternoon watching the cricket to guess at some of the rules, and I think a 'maiden' is when they go for an over without getting a run against them. I'm probably totally wrong though.

One thing that bugs me is that useless junction/crossing outside the Mercedes garage on King street, it feels like it was designed with pedestrian fatality in mind. You can have the green man flashing to let you cross the road, yet cars are still flying through because they've been sitting in the middle of the junction.

I get cricket for the most part' date=' but there's a heap of terms that have never really been explained whenever I've watched it.[/quote']

aye, there's a llot of stupid terminology like the positions on the field where the fielding team stand which include 'silly mid wicket' but i guess it's tough to balance out the stuff which is simple to bring new people onboard with the game and commentary which isn't patronising or irrelevant to the core viewers.

/x

I agree with the faux bisexuals. I've done this rant before and it pisses me off no end. It fucks about the person who *is* bisexual/gay and makes the inevitabley drunken scene whore girl look like a complete slut. It's on a par with showing off self harm scars deliberately. It's all about showing how 'different' they are, 'behold my deviant behaviour!'

Speaking about attention, I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with the number of large ungainly women swinging about on the poles in moshulu, clocking people a blow on the head with flailing arms and legs who get offended if you watch them. If you don't want to be watched then don't get up there. Be aware you're opening yourself up to a certain amount of mockery by doing it and if you can't handle it then piss off home.

Totally agree with the Moshulu pole rant! They should take them out or put a professional up there - although the base of the poles is far too small and no pro would work under those conditions right enough.......

Anyway, I wanted to have a rant about socks (it's only taken me how many days to think of something?!?) - I hate them with a passion. I find them all over the house, can never find a pair, they make your feet too hot and smelly, die clothes random colours in the washing machine, need replaced due to holes far too often and are generally a hastle I don't need in my life - they are the spawn of satan :swearing:

Something that really grinds my gears is accidentally biting the inside of my cheek. For one thing, it's an incredibly painful shock, then there's the fact it only ever happens when I am really enjoying some particular moment of chewyness, and of course the resultant lumpyness then becomes far more prone to further biting.

The immediate reaction to such an incident is to want to blame the nearest person, as they obviously somehow distrcated your usually fine chewing technique, but that would be completely irrational and it is exactly what my teeth want to happen. My teeth are evil little fuckers, they revel in my misery which is why they wait until I'm only eating really good food before crunching my inner cheek. I'm sure they grew sharper and pointier on their outside edge purposely, just to spite me and cause me random pain, as if to remind me that they're the ones in charge and can ruin me anytime they want. Cunts.

One thing that bugs me is that useless junction/crossing outside the Mercedes garage on King street' date=' it feels like it was designed with pedestrian fatality in mind. You can have the green man flashing to let you cross the road, yet cars are still flying through because they've been sitting in the middle of the junction.[/quote']

See also the West North Street junction. It's like Frogger, only if you fuck up, you do get killed.

Totally agree with the Moshulu pole rant! They should take them out or put a professional up there - although the base of the poles is far too small and no pro would work under those conditions right enough.......

actually i know a number of pro-pole dancers that love the moshulu poles. several pros regularly come to moshulu as punters and use them. there's a lot more girls going up there that can actually dance. leave them to it. it's fun, it's a good workout, if you don't wanna see em dancing, go stand at the bar or in the back room.

apologies for ruining the tone of the thread but what is there not to get about cricket?!

there are two teams. one bowls' date=' the other bats. the batting team hit the ball and try to get from one end to the other before the bowling team knock the bails off the stumps with the ball. if the bails are knocked off the stumps either by the bowler or when you're running but before you get there, or if you hit the ball and it's caught before it bounces - you're out.

running succesfully from one end to the other is one run. there and back is two (and so on). hitting the ball out of bounds without bouncing counts for 6 and if it crosses after bouncing it's 4. there are two batters out at once so that there will always be one at the end that is being bowled to.

in simplest terms, when the batting team only has one player left, they swap and the bowlers start batting.

now i'm not saying it's interesting. the ashes last summer was good but it's normally shite, but it's not that tough to keep up with!

/x[/quote']

That's far too complicated. Allow me to simplify -

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

You're welcome.

That's far too complicated. Allow me to simplify -

You have two sides' date=' one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

You're welcome.[/quote']

when do you shake it all about?

regarding the poles at moshulu, it fucking hacks me off when people use them as tables. i haven't been there in ages but last time me and one of my friends were wanting to have a good time on the poles someone had put their jacket down there, we moved said jacket to the shelf beside the mirrors and got on with the dancing, this idiot guy came back over, took his jacket, put it back on the pole dancing bit then threatened to kick the shit out of us if we moved his jacket again! his girlfriend was there and she let him threaten us and try to start on us, if my boyfriend did that i would sort him right out.

actually i know a number of pro-pole dancers that love the moshulu poles. several pros regularly come to moshulu as punters and use them. there's a lot more girls going up there that can actually dance. leave them to it. it's fun' date=' it's a good workout, if you don't wanna see em dancing, go stand at the bar or in the back room.[/quote']

It's the girls who do the lebian dance thing when they are clearly straight as a board that piss me off. Why dont they just jump up and down waving their arms around shouting 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME' - Is their life that bad that they have to pretend to be something they aren't? And who told them they could dance? I've never seen anyone who looked like they had danced before in moshulu (although I'm usually very drunk when I'm there right enough).

*random thought* The bouncers at Moshulu said I was 'the most regular of all the regulars' at the weekend. I can't decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing and it's been kicking around my head all week. Thoughts Appreciated.

God, this is 11 pages long, I gave up on page 4.

Things that "Grind My Gears":

1. People who seem to lack the basic fundamentals of grammar, or who seem incapable of spelling correctly. Even worse when it's displayed on something like Myspace; if you really are that stupid, please just use a spellchecker in order to avoid looking like an absolute tit.

2. People who are rude to waitresses.

3. People who constantly moan about how "shit" Big Brother is, and how it's just used to exploit innocent people. Fuck off. If you really can't stand Big Brother, then just don't talk about it, because I don't care.

4. People who label ALL pop music as being "shit".

5. People on buses who refuse to move their bags off the seat beside them, and pretend not to notice when the bus gets so busy that people are forced to stand.

6. Rude people in general.

7. People who go to nightclubs just to stand and look miserable with their mates.

8. People who go on holiday abroad and then get really angry when the natives don't understand what they're saying.

5. People on buses who refuse to move their bags off the seat beside them' date=' and pretend not to notice when the bus gets so busy that people are forced to stand.

[/quote']

To expand on that...

People who don't give up their seats for elderly or the incapable.

Elderly people who moan when they have to move for people with prams when clearly the space they are sitting on is designated to prams.

Guest five years

1. drunk and leerly girls, not attractive

2. people who tell you/me to cheer up, just because you're not grinning your face off.

3. old people (60 years+)

4. people who get pissed off when they're id'd for booze AND THEY ARE UNDER 18!!

5. people who don't explain what they want you to do very clearly then get pissed off you didn't understand despite asking several times.

6. people generally.

To expand on that...

People who don't give up their seats for elderly or the incapable.

Elderly people who moan when they have to move for people with prams when clearly the space they are sitting on is designated to prams.

I once got a slap on the face for giving up my seat to a pregnant lass - she was just fat!