aberdeen-music

What Grinds your Gears?

Benji

Mums who think that just because they have a kid in a push chair, and the bus allows it, they can just wheel it on, even when there is already the maximum number of pushchairs on the bus. stop being so bloddy lazy and fold the chair up, taking the kid out is purely optional.

The 9:30 23 bus from sheddocksley into town, mon - fri, (coffin dodger bus). Just cause the OAPs get free bus travel after half nine, doesn't mean you have to sit and wait for the first bus after that time.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xerox printers - I sit near one at work and it is constantly jamming so i get people opening all the doors' date=' pulling out sheets of paper, talking loudly about how it's always doing this and then slamming all the drawers shut again. Oh yeah, and when it starts doing huge prinouts, with staples, that really is annoying.

.[/quote']

Your IT department were probably too fucking thick to set them all to use A4 paper when they set them up....as the "letter" format (which is standard in the US of A, not U of K) is known to jam these fuckers when they are set as default. As for the staples, remove them!

People behind the till that think that they are above customers despite the fact it's their job to be polite to them and it's good manners.

Oh yeah !! This one is the golden ticket of gear grinding. I went to next and bought whatever the other week, and the guy behind the till was obviously disillusioned with his life as I asked for a carrier bloody bag. I got a mini-sigh episode before being blanked as he put the stuff into the bag.

I was polite, as per, I said thank you etc.. I got nothing from him!! WANK!

"So fucking sorry mate! The next time I'll just carry the PRODUCTS I'VE BOUGHT FROM YOUR SHOP IN MY FREEKIN' MOUTH WILL I ?"

If you are a shop assistant, or work in a shop.. you will cater for the customer.. as that is your job. You don't like it ? Don't work there.

the fact the search button has been moved to the left' date=' so i keep clicking whats on by accident, when all i want is the "new posts" bit[/quote']

yea! that's been annoying me as well!

i'd also like to add people who constantly moan about Aberdeen being shite. It's not shit, you've just got no imagination or crap friends. if you don't like it, move! i'm quite happy up here with a great bunch of friends and never stuck for something interesting to do and i don't need you lot depressing me.

i'd also like to add people who constantly moan about Aberdeen being shite. It's not shit' date=' you've just got no imagination or crap friends. if you don't like it, move! i'm quite happy up here with a great bunch of friends and never stuck for something interesting to do and i don't need you lot depressing me.[/quote']

I think we are all having problems with the moved search button - they never quit with the pesky meddling on this site!

Aberdeen is an excellent place - I can't think of anything I'd ever want that isn't here! I think no matter where you live there are good points and bad points. Fun is where your friends are!

I hate the old wifie's in Markies - You nip in for a sarnie and are constantly rammed out of the way by trolleys/stood on/treated like shite by the fellow shoppers - Some older people seem to think their age means they don't have top use manners anymore - ASB indeed!

i'd also like to add people who constantly moan about Aberdeen being shite. It's not shit' date=' you've just got no imagination or crap friends. if you don't like it, move! [/quote']

That above grinds my gears. I've lived in some beautiful cities, York being my favourite, and can say Aberdeen is the worst I've lived in. I have great imagination and even greater friends. I can't move yet due to fiancee finishing her Uni and our boy being settled into school. There really is not much to do in Aberdeen in comparison to other major cities in the UK.

That above grinds my gears. I've lived in some beautiful cities' date=' York being my favourite, and can say Aberdeen is the worst I've lived in. I have great imagination and even greater friends. I can't move yet due to fiancee finishing her Uni and our boy being settled into school. There really is not much to do in Aberdeen in comparison to other major cities in the UK.[/quote']

that's crap, there's plenty to do. of course if you compare it to bigger cities there's not as much to do but for the size of the place there's a fair amount. there's tons to do nearby as well, jump in the car or get on a bus.

I dont think Aberdeen is a bad place.. However.. some of the people that occupy this wonderful City are a bit old fashioned and live in the Fish wivery 1950's and act like a Social status is life.

I have noticed that Aberdonians are easily wound-up, and are very Alpha orientated when it comes to nights out. But hey, where would we be without the Friday night 3am version of british bulldogs! hull?

I dont think Aberdeen is a bad place.. However.. some of the people that occupy this wonderful City are a bit old fashioned and live in the Fish wivery 1950's and act like a Social status is life.

I have noticed that Aberdonians are easily wound-up' date=' and are very Alpha orientated when it comes to nights out. But hey, where would we be without the Friday night 3am version of british bulldogs! hull?[/quote']

I another country I'd say :up: - It seems all city centres are the same at chucking out time to a certain extent. I think in Aberdeen, all the pubs/clubs are closer together so you get a higher concentration of people which makes it seem worse me thinks......... But thats one of the things I like about aberdeen, you can have 20 pints all from diffrent bars without having to walk more than 100 yards between each! I hate places like Glasgow where you inevitably end up getting taxi's in-between pubs - thats just rubbish!

I wish I had moved, I was going to go to Edinburgh for Uni but ended up staying here for various reasons. The plan is to go to Edinburgh or something to do a post grad when I finish but til then I'm just going to have to stick with it.

Aberdeen definately improves in the summer months, even minimal sunshine seems to make everyone smile a bit more. I love being around King's College when the suns out and everyone lazing on the grass, it's so chilled and happy.

A note on seagulls, as these creatures are being unfairly malgiened. The herring gull was here long before us. It evolved to live near the sea and eat fish. These birds are (if you bother to take a good long look at one) beautiful creatures, and they are also exceptionally intelligent, probably at least as smart as a dog.

Then we came along and started catching ALL the fish. So the birds were forced (they did NOT have a say in the matter), to follow our boats and forage for scrap, mostly the heads, guts, tails, and any rotten bits that we wouldn't even put in fish fingers.

Then eventually we had caught ALL the fish, and the boats were all scrapped as the economy moved on to oil, the next unreplacable natural resource. So now there were no fish; no heads, tails, and guts; and not even any rotten pieces of fish left to scrape off of Palmerston Road. So out of desperation and the need to survive these magestic birds were left with no option but to raid our bins for waste and scraps. Incredibley, a creature that had eveloved over millions of years to live off the sea somehow managed to adapt in the space of only 10 years!!! This was no mean feat. Imagine what would happen to us if our main source of food was suddenly removed...

So in order to prevent this, after all it they were making a mess, we introduced wheelie bins. so now they birds cannot even access our waste to live on. So in order to survive they have been forced to steal, mug, attack, and live off the waste the drunks leave behind on a weekend night.

So now we send people out to cull them.

A note on seagulls' date=' as these creatures are being unfairly malgiened. The herring gull was here long before us. It evolved to live near the sea and eat fish. These birds are (if you bother to take a good long look at one) beautiful creatures, and they are also exceptionally intelligent, probably at least as smart as a dog.

Then we came along and started catching ALL the fish. So the birds were forced (they did NOT have a say in the matter), to follow our boats and forage for scrap, mostly the heads, guts, tails, and any rotten bits that we wouldn't even put in fish fingers.

Then eventually we had caught ALL the fish, and the boats were all scrapped as the economy moved on to oil, the next unreplacable natural resource. So now there were no fish; no heads, tails, and guts; and not even any rotten pieces of fish left to scrape off of Palmerston Road. So out of desperation and the need to survive these magestic birds were left with no option but to raid our bins for waste and scraps. Incredibley, a creature that had eveloved over millions of years to live off the sea somehow managed to adapt in the space of only 10 years!!! This was no mean feat. Imagine what would happen to us if our main source of food was suddenly removed...

So in order to prevent this, after all it they were making a mess, we introduced wheelie bins. so now they birds cannot even access our waste to live on. So in order to survive they have been forced to steal, mug, attack, and live off the waste the drunks leave behind on a weekend night.

So now we send people out to cull them.[/quote']

Shucks Flash - you made me all emo and teary! I like them too when they aren't shitting on me

i quite like the gulls. the only time i've had food stolen by one was in largs and, to be fair, i was waving my poke of chips about like an eejit anyway. plus, they're a welcome distraction when you're waiting on your own at the rain station. a random actually sat next to me there once and explained the plight of the aberdonian seagull...

people who whinge constantly, especially when i'm feeling particularly happy. hello? go and find someone equally as miserable as yourself if you want to complain - don't spoil my good mood!

that the key to my block of flats and the key to my front door are so similar. nobody wants to faff around with too many keys when it's raining and you're trying not to drop any of your shopping. its ALWAYS the wrong one you try first and both cease to work after a night out.

Your IT department were probably too fucking thick to set them all to use A4 paper when they set them up....as the "letter" format (which is standard in the US of A' date=' not U of K) is known to jam these fuckers when they are set as default. As for the staples, remove them![/quote']

Actually, i work in the IT department and yes there are thick people here but.. no, it is set to use A4, and we even put the paper in the right way up (i never knew there was a wrong way until someone pointed out the instructions on the box, sure its a joke but..)

It's just a hideous machine that has been constantly breaking since it arrived (its double sided printing that really screws it up).

Can't remove the staples, they'll just keep replacing them, unfortunately.

Thought of another thing thats annoying me.

8MB broadband and BT. - I was upgraded 3 weeks ago, have synced at the highest speeds ever since but have my speeds increased? No, they are still the same, although i did hit the highs of 319kbps last week!!

Someone at work got upgraded yesterday and already has got 4MB speeds.

According to my ISP i'm one of the poor sods that aren't seeing an increase cos BT screwed something up, and i have to wait until the 6th of June (when BT say they should have fixed the problem) before i can complain again.

the fucker upstairs with 7 large dogs (and at the moment, another 7 or 8 puppies) in a one bedroom flat, which has resulted in an ungodly stench and mess in the communal areas and the complete destruction of our garden. not to mention the guy downstairs never leaving his flat because he's scared of them and the girl next door unable to sleep due to the noise of a pack of dogs moving around above her head.

people who don't hold a door open. where are you going in such a hurry that you can't pause for 2 seconds to hold the door?

drivers who don't indicate, especially on roundabouts. how am I supposed to know what you're thinking? if you're changing your cars direction then you need to indicate or I'll shout at you.

Is it just me.. or can people actually almost understand what seagulls are saying ??

Like they have this thing, suspision of Humans tone.. kinda goes like.. Gu Gu Gu Gu Gu !! It's an annoying tone..

But not as annoying as those black & white things with Orange beaks..I can never remember them as a kid. And when they start squaking it sounds like an air raid siren waming up or something.

What are those things called anyways?

drivers who don't indicate' date=' especially on roundabouts. how am I supposed to know what you're thinking? if you're changing your cars direction then you need to indicate or I'll shout at you.[/quote']

... and then they beep their horn to show annoyance at the pedestrian for not "guessing" where their car will be going!!

that's crap' date=' there's plenty to do. of course if you compare it to bigger cities there's not as much to do but for the size of the place there's a fair amount. there's tons to do nearby as well, jump in the car or get on a bus.[/quote']

Nonsense. There is practically bugger all to do in Aberdeen and the surrounding area (no, I don't count "walking aimlessly about" as something to do) when compared to most other cities in the U.K. (bigger or smaller). Bearing in mind we are the supposed "Oil Captial of Europe" this city is seriously underachieving.

I'm with Sue on this one. I'm fed up with some people who insist Aberdeen is a great city to live in. It's not and the quicker they realise this the quicker they, along with everyone else, should start putting on pressure on the powers that be to try and get this place to actually fulfil it's potential.

Don't make me quote those government statistics that show that Aberdeen is projected to have one of the largest population declines in Scotland in coming years. That's right folks, the ways are going Dundee will be a bigger city than Aberdeen in 10 - 20 years time. Now surely that must indicate something is wrong?

9 AM classes: self-explanatory. I make less than 50% of them. Attendance is so shabby and the Lecturer cant' even be arsed teaching anything interesting so it's more fascinating watching everyone else fall back to sleep as the hour progresses.

Beggars: give you money? HAH! They should be re-named comedians. Who in their right mind gives money / food / anything to a guy who can afford varying luxuries from a guitar to Nike shoes? Such items OBVIOUSLY show that you've not got much money. If they had an ounce of wit about them they'd learn to something interesting like the M&S Juggler guy did. He made a killing every day and people didn't hate him with every bone in their body.

probably trying to get you ready for the "REAL WORLD" where the real humans live...you know, ones who make money and pay taxes... ho ho

and I agree on the beggars..."any spare change?"....oh, aye, I'm so rich I was actually going to throw the change I have down a drain, for shits and giggles.

Guest bluesxman

1. People who are overly concerned with being seen to listen to the 'right' music.

2. As above for movies, television and art.

3. People in supermarkets stopping in an aisle to chat when they have a trolley and their chat friend has a trolley and so they block the whole aisle then look as if you are the one in the wrong asking to get past.

4. People who take political correctness to ridiculous degrees rather than be able to apply a touch of common sense.

5. People who are behind you on the slip road when pulling out onto the dual carriageway, you pull out behind someone travelling at 2 miles an hour and indicate desire to overtake but have to wait for car in outside lane to pass, f**kwit behind you pulls out when car in outside lane has passed them so you can't pull out despite knowing you were trying to overtake yourself.

6. Women who wear short tops and low cut jeans despite having a gut the size of Gibraltar.

7. People who have nothing interesting to post on forums or are losing an argument and so resort to pointing out the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors of others.

8. People who don't say thanks when you hold a door open for them.

9. People who skip in front of you at a bar despite knowing you were there first.

10. People who neglect to even show any appreciation when you make sure they are served first at a bar when you could have jumped in.

11. People who pay to get into gigs then talk all the way through it.

12. People that start browsing down the same column of second hand CD's as me in One Up when I have started at A and worked my way along, then stand deliberating for an hour over which Travis CD may be better.

13. Groups of smokers standing directly in pub doorways so you can't even get in without getting burned or gulping a lungful of smoke.

14. Old people who walk at half mile an hour down Union Street in two's but somehow manage to take up whole pavement by way of random jagged line walking style and shopping trolley thing.

15. The regularity of adverts on every single satellite station and their ability to pop up on whichever channel I just surfed to.

16. Saturday night TV choices of increasingly shite dance and singing contests.