aberdeen-music

What Grinds your Gears?

Benji

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buses: And fat people on them. I once saw a massive two-seater jabba demolish 2 cakes, 3 packets of walkers and a bottle of Iron Brew on a 20-minute journey. I was both disgusted and amazed by her carefree attitude, but annoyed she only had to pay for one ticket.

Town During The Day: 3,000 pensioners leisurely trudge around at 3,000th of a Mile Per Hour, walking into everyone - and everything - whilst they oaf around with 2 items of shopping. Also, parents who let their little shits run around in amongst 3,000 potential baby snatchers. Twice today I felt like booting a kid through a shop window because it ran in front of me; do everyone a favour mate, keep your kid on a leash.

9 AM classes: self-explanatory. I make less than 50% of them. Attendance is so shabby and the Lecturer cant' even be arsed teaching anything interesting so it's more fascinating watching everyone else fall back to sleep as the hour progresses.

Spamming: of all sorts. "I'm a nympho in your local area and my hubby is away all week" Sent to my mobile. WTFM8!?!? Not to mention the 10 e-mails i get a week about getting 'bigger, natural breasts', or natural hair removal (as if i need help with those) and hormone reduction and so forth. I'm starting to think some shit-cock is singing me up for all this crap.

Beggars: give you money? HAH! They should be re-named comedians. Who in their right mind gives money / food / anything to a guy who can afford varying luxuries from a guitar to Nike shoes? Such items OBVIOUSLY show that you've not got much money. If they had an ounce of wit about them they'd learn to something interesting like the M&S Juggler guy did. He made a killing every day and people didn't hate him with every bone in their body.

People in Supermarkets who not only take up the space where you are wanting to simply put something into your trolley but they also block the area with their trolley.

Folk who are so absorbed with shopping that they lose the ability to look where they are going.

Certain people in this music scene who think that music revolves around haircuts, who you know and the latest fads. Pfftt.

Racists- Fuck off and die.

Homophobes- as above.

"Tax doesn't have to be Taxing"- Stupid/Patronising and damn right wrong. Tax is taxing.

People on buses who sit on the aisle seat when the window seat is empty as well and still don't move when people start standing on the bus. Also applys to those who sit in the window seat and put a bag on the aisle seat and don't move it when it gets busy.

Rudeness in general bugs me. It doesn't cost anything to say please, thank you and give a smile.

Guest Craig C

- People who board busses THEN start to count their ones and twos :swearing:

- As Dave said, rudeness in general.

- People who moan about the weather o_O

There are more, but I'm to angry to think LOL

Buses that go far too close to the kerb and come with in a fagpaper of knocking my head off with their wingmirrors.

This happened to me the first week I moved into Aberdeen, I just thought they didn't like out-of-towners. I just felt a WHOOSH then a horrid sinking feeling when I realised the wing mirror had been a few inches from skelping me in the back of the head.

One thing that particularly annoys me is cunts who cycle on pavements, especially flying along on a busy pavement and going for tiny gaps in pedestrians. More than once I've been tempted to throw a spinning back fist at one or just shove them onto a road when they whistle past out of nowhere. I don't mind when they've had to come onto the pavement to avoid some nasty junction/traffic mess, but there's the ones who cycle on the path all the time, even when right next to a cycle lane. Bugs me more because I risk death and destruction by cycling on the roads and don't see why others have to use the pavement.

Really shit internet/text talk.

''omg lyk tttly i hink u shld imho cum ot 2nite i luff u'' etc.

Seriously' date=' what in the name of fuck are you on about.

Learn to spell/use all letters of a keyboard.[/quote']

People who use it sarcastically.

Also customers who can't even spare 10 seconds to be polite to people.

People behind the till that think that they are above customers despite the fact it's their job to be polite to them and it's good manners.

Musical snobbery- People who limit themselves to what they've been labelled and won't dare go listen to something that is different to what they usually like.

Really shit internet/text talk.

''omg lyk tttly i hink u shld imho cum ot 2nite i luff u'' etc.

Seriously' date=' what in the name of fuck are you on about.

Learn to spell/use all letters of a keyboard.[/quote']

People who use it sarcastically.

HARrrrr HArrR like BSCLY me?

":)" " :("

its fun to talk like a twat on teh internet and pretend you are being ironic/sarcastic.

INNIT, BIYAR, lolzzz.

etc/

This happened to me the first week I moved into Aberdeen' date=' I just thought they didn't like out-of-towners. I just felt a WHOOSH then a horrid sinking feeling when I realised the wing mirror had been a few inches from skelping me in the back of the head.

One thing that particularly annoys me is cunts who cycle on pavements, especially flying along on a busy pavement and going for tiny gaps in pedestrians. More than once I've been tempted to throw a spinning back fist at one or just shove them onto a road when they whistle past out of nowhere. I don't mind when they've had to come onto the pavement to avoid some nasty junction/traffic mess, but there's the ones who cycle on the path all the time, even when right next to a cycle lane. Bugs me more because I risk death and destruction by cycling on the roads and don't see why others have to use the pavement.[/quote']

i don't see anything wrong with cycling on pavements so long as you're sensible and don't be a dick about it. it's quite scary riding a bike round aberdeen especially in the bus lanes. if i'm on a my wee bmx and a bus driver doesn't see me then i'm fucked. i'd rather risk the pavements to be honest.

there was one time though i was on my way to work and some old guy stopped me outside the grammer school and told me to get off and walk. there was barely anyone on the pavements at that time, meh.

i'd like to nominate old busybodies as a bugbear. :)

You wouldn't believe how many things annoy me, I'm regularly described as 'anti-social' and 'irritable' due to being constantly annoyed by things. I'm going to update my list from the last thread on this subject...

1) The fact that the invention of T4 Music and the sudden popularity of Indie has suddenly made every presenter dress like they're in a band. Alex fucking Zane and his 'indie' image is a prime example, the tosser had no interest in rock music before Channel 4 sanitised alternative culture until it was fashionable. The very people who used to give me shit for dressing a certain way when I was 14 have now embrace 'rock cool' because MTV does.

2) People who pretend to be into art because they heard the phrase 'art-punk' and think they're the shit because they take black and white photos of meaningless garbage.

3) People who talk constantly about the weekend and how drunk they were. Read a book and instigate a valid conversation.

4) People who automatically think pop music is shit and anything that isn't pop music is good, because they're D.I.Y, or whatever useless moniker they've given it this week.

5) Over-the-top alternative-metal looking kids, you might be controversial but your parents fucking hate you.

6) Fat, spotty, tubby guys who try to look effeminately emo-core and end up looking like fat, spotty, tubby guys with a make-over from their blind little sister.

7) MySpace being used a tool for social advancement.

8 ) People who say things like "Bush just started the war for oil" and "Blair is a liar".....Really??, well thank you for that political insight Jeremy Paxman.

9) People who think you have some kind of social connection because you have a similar haircut or outfit to them. Generally this is followed with "Are you on MySpace?"

10) Most new music

i don't see anything wrong with cycling on pavements so long as you're sensible and don't be a dick about it. it's quite scary riding a bike round aberdeen especially in the bus lanes. if i'm on a my wee bmx and a bus driver doesn't see me then i'm fucked. i'd rather risk the pavements to be honest.

there was one time though i was on my way to work and some old guy stopped me outside the grammer school and told me to get off and walk. there was barely anyone on the pavements at that time' date=' meh.

i'd like to nominate old busybodies as a bugbear. :)[/quote']

I don't mind if people are being sensible about it, I would have been more specific, but didn't want to have some sort of mega long post on the go :D

I just remember one time for instance at the crossing on King street outside of Morrisons, there was like a 2 foot gap between me and the railing, and people on the other side of me, then a mountain bike whizzed past at full tilt through the gap. Kinda startled me and made me glad I hadn't turned about a second earlier or I'd have been panned.

Generally the pavements are wide enough to safely allow it, but when a cyclist stays on the path when it's full, or cycles on the path right next to a cycle lane, it bugs.

Cycling in Aberdeen is a bit like tempting painful death on a regular basis, I was cycling past Pittodrie stadium the other week and a bus tried overtaking me right on the wee traffic island bit where there's blatantly not enough room to fit anything wider than a bus through :down:

Thing is, it was 7am and I was pelting along, the bus actually sped up to overtake me, it's not like it was needed. Damn busses :(

Also, seaguls. Shitting all over my car. The instant the things been cleaned usually.

The fact that the invention of T4 Music and the sudden popularity of Indie has suddenly made every presenter dress like they're in a band. Alex fucking Zane and his 'indie' image is a prime example' date=' the tosser had no interest in rock music before Channel 4 sanitised alternative culture until it was fashionable. The very people who used to give me shit for dressing a certain way when I was 14 have now embrace 'rock cool' because MTV does.[/quote']

Alex Zane deserves a point of his own. Probably started his weak random-comedy career soley on feedback from his parents.

"Our Alex is right funny"

Guest Phantomsmasher

+ Bad tasting, and badly made coffee.

+ Teen Flicks.

+ Busy bus journeys, it's always the local nutcase that has to sit next to you ...

+ When I have no c.d. player and some idiot decides to amuse their friends by making, loud 'witty' remarks about the fact I'm reading a book on the bus.

+ Daytime t.v.

+ Seagulls, fucking hate the things.

Right... That'll do for now.

1. Aberdeen. It's dirty, smelly, full of ugly people who never smile and it's too damned small and incestuous. There's no variety and there's so much possibility which is totally untapped. And the weather is shite.

2. Being interupted. Constantly. My dad is really bad for this, I've been driven to nearly hitting him becuse he waits for people to start speaking then barges in after 10 seconds.

3. Incorrect pronouciation. Maybe it's the English student in me, but nothing riles me like someone pronouncing a word wrong. Like that fucking L'Oreal advert for 'subleem' tan or whatever. It's 'sublime' you fucking moron! And my old lecturer who pronounced Celts (as in the celtic people) with an 's'. What the fuck is a 'Selt'? RAGE!!!!!

4. People who don't get angry. You can punch their buttons, be really rude and horrible to them and yet they remain calm and never take you on. You don't know someone until you have a proper arguement with them. Couples who say they never fight are doomed. It's not healthy and plus if you don't fight you don't get to make up. And we all know that's the best part.

5. Children. Or more correctly irresponsible people with children. Folk who let them run riot, scream and cry in public. Parents who stuff dummies in their kids mouths until the child is old enough to go to school. Sticky gross children with stuff smeared all over their faces. People who name their children weird things, names that are supposed to sound cool and sexy but on an baby they just sound wrong, ie Scarlet, Lolita (Why would you do that to your child,why?) etc, or any child named after a pop or film star is doomed. *OR* ethnic names on white kids. Usually with really pikey parents. Chantelle is an obvious example. Babies who have pierced ears/wear any kind of jewellry because their parents like it.

6. English students at Uni who think that if you say you don't like a certain book/poem that you just haven't understood it. It pisses me off when I have to justify my likes and dislikes to someone who has only read something like The Wasteland by Eliot to make obtuse statements about it. Fuck off and read something you *like* and then we can actually have a conversation about it rather than you spouting out comments from some academic journal.

Damn it, at one point I could have ranted about heaps more things than this. I'm getting soft in my old age.

You wouldn't believe how many things annoy me' date=' I'm regularly described as 'anti-social' and 'irritable' due to being constantly annoyed by things. I'm going to update my list from the last thread on this subject...

1) The fact that the invention of T4 Music and the sudden popularity of Indie has suddenly made every presenter dress like they're in a band. Alex fucking Zane and his 'indie' image is a prime example, the tosser had no interest in rock music before Channel 4 sanitised alternative culture until it was fashionable. The very people who used to give me shit for dressing a certain way when I was 14 have now embrace 'rock cool' because MTV does.

2) People who pretend to be into art because they heard the phrase 'art-punk' and think they're the shit because they take black and white photos of meaningless garbage.

3) People who talk constantly about the weekend and how drunk they were. Read a book and instigate a valid conversation.

4) People who automatically think pop music is shit and anything that isn't pop music is good, because they're D.I.Y, or whatever useless moniker they've given it this week.

5) Over-the-top alternative-metal looking kids, you might be controversial but your parents fucking hate you.

6) Fat, spotty, tubby guys who try to look effeminately emo-core and end up looking like fat, spotty, tubby guys with a make-over from their blind little sister.

7) MySpace being used a tool for social advancement.

8 ) People who say things like "Bush just started the war for oil" and "Blair is a liar".....Really??, well thank you for that political insight Jeremy Paxman.

9) People who think you have some kind of social connection because you have a similar haircut or outfit to them. Generally this is followed with "Are you on MySpace?"

10) Most new music[/quote']

Testifuckingfy

At the moment?

Seagulls - they have started bombing my flat, my kitchen window is covered in crap (have no way of cleaning it) and the front doors the same. Went out, pulled the door shut behind me just to discover the handle was covered in bird shit, not nice. Strangley, none of the other houses in the street got 'hit'. The car outside did though, it's totally covered.

Xerox printers - I sit near one at work and it is constantly jamming so i get people opening all the doors, pulling out sheets of paper, talking loudly about how it's always doing this and then slamming all the drawers shut again. Oh yeah, and when it starts doing huge prinouts, with staples, that really is annoying.

People who cough and don't cover their mouths - My boss does this, he coughs all the time. Not only do i sit near the printer, i sit near him. Last week he had some virus thing and instead of staying at home and getting better he came in and coughed all over us, and the nose blowing noises etc? Horrible.