aberdeen-music

babyshambles gig in doubt

Ace gig eh! Did you go to the aftershow party???

na, had tickets aswell too, got far too drunk n dont really know what happened, woke up in my hotel room anyway, was at the last afterparty was well good, seen them at the barfly twice before, quality guys

Since when is a Babyshambles gig ever set in stone?

With Pete Doherty it's a matter of turn up and hope they appear.

In my case, I'm not waiting for the junkie and I hope he doesn't appear. Maybe then, he can go get himself sorted out and leave the music business for good.

yeah they were on top form at the barfly' date=' alan mcgee was cool and lisa moorish was really nice. She danced with us and chatted for a while and was well impressed we came down for the gig.[/quote']

seen alan mcgee walking along belmont street last week, was really cool and told us alot about dpt. Did anyone see kill city, just caught the end of them, glas vegas are cool, they supported them the last time but they have awful haircuts. Really wish i went to the barfly, remember first time i met carl, was after the nme gig with arctic monkeys and co, was a pleasant surprise when i walked in and carl and gary are standing there. Also its a great day when talk about carlos is taking over a babyshambles thread :up: .

Latest news, babyshambles are playing their gig in edinburgh as we speak so heres hoping

While I detest violence and negative feelings, I think the best thing that can happen is if the local roadcrew kick a bit of sense into him and he decides whether he should carry on or not...hopefully not. Babyshambles/Libertines/whatever I feel are nothing special...and his Sid Vicious persona which he wishes to play up to is so dated and meaningless that no one should give him the time of day. He is obviously loving all the gutterpress attention. Personally I feel skin cancer from the non - existent sun in Aberdeen is more of a threat than him and his bunch of cronies, and would make a far more interesting read in the papers...it's underminimig everyone who has ever tried to speak out against "the establishment" and it makes such a mockery of it that the middle class (the people who really need to learn the way that things are) will always associate "anti establishment" as "attention seeking media whore" and nothing will be accomplished...theres a reason punk had such an impact it did when it first came about.....Sid vicious wasn't dating a supermodel, people in the public eye were realtively clean cut (even Gary Glitter) and daring to say anything which lead public opinion against the status quo was almost an arrestible offence.

Pete isn't even detained longer than a few hours before he's back on the street comitting oh so shocking offences....(seriously..drugs...wow....) As I say...while I absolutely detest violence (it makes me ill) it would be great to read that the boys in Aberdeen said a big fuck you to his entourage and taught him the way it is......if he continued on all power to him, he clearly is a junkie who no one should give two fucks about (You wouldn't pay £10 to go watch the junkie bastards who broke into your home and stole your hi fi would you!!!!) and if he isn't, he'll go crying home, and some other local talent can get up front and show everyone how its done.....track marks and yellow skin don't equal song writing genius.....

Posted under the influence of too much alcohol

kill city were decent. We told lisa moorish she had to come to aberdeen, she was well impressed we made the trip to glasgow haha

In a way i kinda hope that the gig is cancelled. When i last saw them they were amazing but i fear it might not be the same tonight. I would love it if pete sorted himself out but i really dont know if that will ever happen. He needs to get out of the limelight for a while

kill city were decent. We told lisa moorish she had to come to aberdeen' date=' she was well impressed we made the trip to glasgow haha

In a way i kinda hope that the gig is cancelled. When i last saw them they were amazing but i fear it might not be the same tonight. I would love it if pete sorted himself out but i really dont know if that will ever happen. He needs to get out of the limelight for a while[/quote']

totally agree, not too bothered if its cancelled, got an exam at 9am 2moro so maybe its the best thing, its not as if he'll never play near aberdeen again (unless he od's ofcourse)