aberdeen-music

Indian Summer Festival in Glasgow - YYYs, Antony & Johnsons, Hot Chip, Broken Social

Also heard a awesome band from the US called tapes'n tapes are playing' date=' as is PJ Harvey!

Or at least so says the hot chip website. This is looking brill but it does clash with devendra at lemon tree. Why does that always happen!?[/quote']

This is the friday and saturday - devendra is the sunday.

where can you get the tickets from? is there a website or something?

NEWS JUST IN!

On the 2nd and 3rd of September 2006 in amongst the greenery of Glasgows Victoria Park youll find Indian Summer: Scotlands newest' date=' most cultivated music event, brought to you by promoters PCL in conjunction with Traxx Events and Southern Comfort Fat Tuesday.

Book the weekend off now to capture that blissful end of summer feeling with acts including the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Antony and the Johnsons, Broken Social Scene, Hot Chip, 1990s, Optimo and much much more.

Tickets go on sale from 9am Saturday 27th May on [url']www.ticketweb.co.uk at only 60 for the whole weekend (subject to booking fee).

To be more experimental with the bill, and so you can enjoy the diverse music to the fullest; the event will have an intimate capacity. And of course what better way to complement this than with home-grown and healthy food, premium drinks and maybe even a picnic table or two

PCL are the company who first brought Franz Ferdinand, The Strokes, The White Stripes and The Flaming Lips to Scotland, so to sum them up they are the people who introduced you to your favourite bands before they were your favourite bands. Plainly speaking, the event is the way it is; music policy, size and the relaxed feel, for the simple reason that they are creating a nice weekend that they themselves would like to go to. This is why you are seeing these well loved established yet off-centre acts, as well as new acts they are taken with, wholl hopefully capture you too.

Drawing on the sights and sounds of one of the greatest musical cities on earth, New Orleans, expect the Southern Comfort Fat Tuesday tent to don a mask and party like no other: all will be revealed soon

So, you can see that Indian Summers open minded guests are to have the music on their minds but expect lots of wee eclectic surprises tookeep your eyes and ears peeled.

Please note: there are no camping facilities at Victoria Park Indian Summer dont expect you to give up your shower, tea and toast just for them

Ticket Details

Tickets are on sale from 9am on Saturday 27th May 2006:

Log on to www.ticketweb.co.uk

Phone 08700 600 100 for credit card bookings.

Tickets will be available in person from Tickets Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh), Ripping (Edinburgh) and Monorail (Glasgow).

Gates open at 2pm, event ends 10.30pm.

i beleiev there is a tiny wee park in the southside called victoria park, but im sure its just swings and roundabouts and needles there.... i beleieve the festival is being held at victoria park up near the westend... past byres road, along dumbarton road somewhere.... looks like it should be fun!

pilpil

Well, I got up at 9.am on Saturday for my tickets. Don't fret they've not sold out quite yet but they will. Guillemots and Scissors for Lefty have been confirmed too. It's the Vicotria Park in Partick, walking distance from Byre's Road (and my flat woo!)

I absolutely can't wait. It's going to be a time. Devendra's playing in Glasgow too so just see him down here and go to Indian Summer, winner. Well that's a stupid plan because apparently he's playing ABC on the second. But still.... it's going to be magic.

• 2 weeks later...