aberdeen-music

PayPal Scam

Got an e-mail today claiming to be from PayPal, but it clearly wasn't. If you click on the link it takes you to a pretty convincing log-in screen where you can happily type in your login name and password potentially giving some lowlife access to your pennies. The give away as always is the slighty different url, which does still start with paypal.com.

Has anyone one else received anything like this? If so, is there somewhere you are mean't to report this kind of thing?

The e-mail read as follows: -

We regret to inform you that this account has been locked.

To unlock your account please follow the link below and complete all the steps.

https://www.paypal.com/review-account

Please Note:

If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and your account will be deleted.

Message 2023

Problem Description:

Suspicious account behavior possible account theft

PayPal Corp.

PayPal Account Review Department

Paypal always want people to report these things to them' date=' send them the URL and they'll follow it up. Their reporting page is here -

[url']https://www.paypal.com/ewf/f=pps_spf

Thanks for that....I've heard about these sorts of scams before but this is the first time I've received one myself....It did have me going for a bit.

I'm a bit dozey at the best of times so the fact I didn't fall for it will hopefully mean nobody else will.....unfortunately theres a fair chance that someone outthere has or is going to get stung at some stage....and thats just nay nice.:down: