aberdeen-music

Help! We need advice!

CaptainWow

Okay, here's the situation. I'm in this band Secrets in Paper. We used to be called Frozen Roadkill but that was when my sister was the bassist. She left for personal reasons and took the name with her. In the attempt to replace her the guitarist and I got the help from another bassist but we came to the conclusion that we definetly needed to be an all girl band. But with exams and the guitarist going away on holiday over the next two months we don't have the time to sort things out.

We need help on what we should do. We don't know if we should give up, or keep looking for a girl bassist, wait for the next two months on what to do. It's all very annoying, so any advice on what we should do would be really helpful.

yeah captainwow shoulda mentioned that her sisters not really happy about being replaced. . .

i did bass for them' date=' but being the only dude was a little weird (for backin vocals etc)

but yeah dont quit! hehe[/quote']

I don't understand why she's not happy about being replaced if she left. What did she expect?

Guest bluesxman
yeah captainwow shoulda mentioned that her sisters not really happy about being replaced. . .

Tough titty she shouldn't have left then!

i'd say definitely stick with it but keep it on a back burner at the moment until exams are out of the way, they're pretty important. if you're that committed to the band you'll have no problem picking up where you left off after your exams are over and you'll have more time to dedicate to searching long and hard for your perfect bassist!

you should of just said mishka. just start another band without me.

thats the thing i really don't want. i just sometimes get the feeling you don't care anymore. but nicola ias thinking about holding the whole thing until next year so maybe we can organize something out.