aberdeen-music

Acoustic Ladyland at The Lemon Tree

Acoustic Ladyland

Tuesday 4th July

The Lemon Tree

Tickets 10 (6.75 concessions & Regulars)

Doors Open: 8pm

Show Starts: 8.30pm

Acoustic Ladyland are the most exciting new British jazz group to emerge in years. Already with a solid following among jazz cognoscenti, they also attract a wider audience that is as in tune with The White Stripes, Franz Ferdinand or The YeahYeahYeahs as it is Coltrane, Wayne Shorter, Ornette Coleman or Monk. The band have been developing their sound over the last four years, drawing from these and older influences such as Hendrix, Led Zep, Captain Beefheart and Gang Of Four.

Details on Lemon Tree website

• 3 weeks later...

afraid the 44s arent playing...would appear acoustic ladyland requested 2 specific supports.

ach well...was looking forward to finally hearing pvh too, and returning to the lovely lemon tree.

we are still supporting them at king tuts glasgow and cabaret voltaire edinburgh.

As some you probably saw on their myspace the new track "Road of Bones", will be available at the gig as part of an exclusive 500 pressing. I quote from their blog

Hope you like our new song.

It's called 'Road of Bones' and we'll be selling it as a limited-edition single along with two live bootlegged tracks ( 'Ludwig Van Ramone' and 'Of You' ) only on gigs! So if you want one be quick cos we're only printing 500 and get down to one of our nights in July.

Guest bluesxman

Thon Road Of Bones tune is fecking ace like. Shall prob pop along to this....Hines make sure there's plenty of T shirts min, I want one for T in The P...

Guest bluesxman
I think we still have about 40 tshirts left in all sizes...in all the colours of the rainbow....(red' date=' yellow and burgendy)[/quote']

The last rainbow I saw had a few more colours than that but burgundy sounding good....

Guest bluesxman
The small are pretty smallish' date=' we also have a kids/girls that are hidiously tight.[/quote']

when's that one getting incorporated into the stage show?

Guest bluesxman
Thats a good idea' date=' but im still on a naked flesh stage at the moment, with added upgrades to my svelt body that aberdeen has yet to witness.[/quote']

Did you get a tattoo of an ass on an ass on your ass?

Big Hugh loves seeing you every day - so he says to me. He claims he sees you on his route to work' date=' if you choose to believe that then that's your choice ;) he's always been a fan of you, Phil.

They got a tshirt small enough to fit Mini so I'm sure they can cater for you too :)[/quote']

The last time he said "PJJ!" as if he were revealing the greatest secret known to man. :gringo:

I FEAR him when he's drunk though!!! o_O