Like A Stuntman + St. Deluxe + Talkbook

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest' date=' I'm not sure if I'm going to the gig or not![/quote']

you will be there

here are st.deluxe's Influences.

Sonic Youth Sebadoh Stereolab BMX Bandits Teenage FanclubJ Mascis Dinosaur Jr No 1 Cup Chicks On Speed Pavement Spacemen 3 Jesus and Mary Chain Preston School of Industry Imperial Teen Mudhoney Belle And Sebastian Kevin Shields / My Bloody Valentine Future Pilot AKA *

we are always moaning about worthy Glasgow bands not coming to Aberdeen, well wev'e slipped this very well connected & quality band onto the support slot. they deserve a BIG benefit of the doubt of attending.

& then there is Like A Stuntman................

The Like A Stuntman album 'Fresh Air Is Not The Worst Thing In Town' is really good.

This might well be worth a venture along' date=' free ticket or not![/quote']

aye their last cd is really really good & their new 6track ep is really excellent

it will be on sale tonight, but what do you expect from artists on highpointlowlife

records. (a most impressive roster0

its tonight..........enterttainment of the highest order

sadly i'm out of town tonight, but would highly recommend anybody to go & see Like A Stuntman; their cd - fresh air is not the worst thing in town, its really very very good & i think LAS will be pretty

amazing live. I wonder if they will sound more like Pavement than the Postal Service, of course in their own way?

I will however be in to see the sublime Ariel Pink on Sunday

sadly i'm out of town tonight' date=' but would highly recommend anybody to go & see Like A Stuntman; their cd - fresh air is not the worst thing in town, its really very very good & i think LAS will be pretty amazing live. I wonder if they will sound more like Pavement than the Postal Service, of course in their own way?

I will however be in to see the sublime Ariel Pink on Sunday[/quote']

you are right on both counts, both will excellent gigs/events

:up: :up: :up:

Guest bluesxman

I was swithering whether to go to this or not cos I was knackered, but glad I did.

Talkbook was really good, has started using a laptop to provide some background on some songs since I last saw him, nice understated vocal style and I love the way he doesn't try and assume a false accent on the vocal. Got one of his CD's, had a blast of it on way home in car, it's ace.

St. Deluxe reminded me of those indie bands in the early 90's who weren't afraid to have the guitars cranked up, such as Swervedriver and early Teenage Fanclub. Couple of songs I wasn't so keen on, but pretty good overall.

Like A Stuntman were feckin ace, eccentric, great melodies and songs that you never knew where they were quite going to go next, the drummer was amazing.

Another good 'un IMP....:up:

Enjoyed the show last night. Missed Talkbook but caught all of St Deluxe. A good band although they wear their influences on their sleeve a lot. Maybe too many covers as well. A band for the future maybe. Like a Stuntman were highly entertaining with some fine quirky tunes. Nice to see a band not taking themselves too seriously.