aberdeen-music

Like A Stuntman + St. Deluxe + Talkbook

interesting music are delighted to announce this fantastic & eclectic show

featuring two bands visiting Aberdeen for the first time.

Monday 5th June

The Tunnels, Aberdeen

Doors 8pm

Entry 5

Like A Stuntman (Highpointlowlife)

St. Deluxe

Talkbook

Like a Stuntman, formed in late 2001, are a band from Frankfurt/M and Hamburg While listening to their songs, youll find out, that those 4 people are using electric and acoustic guitars, drums, bass, microphones, synthesizers, a sampler, a drum computer, a harmonica and other stuff to make a noise-pop sound combined with a load of electronics, coming across like a cross between Pavement, The Yummy Fur and The Postal Service.

In 2005 they released the "Reduce" 7inch on Highpoint Lowlife Records (London), followed by a complete album, called "Fresh Air Is Not The Worst Thing In Town". Huw Stephens played "Lets Talk About Horses" on Radio Ones One Music and in June 2005 they did their first full UK tour, and supported artists like Four Tet, Prefuse73 and Super System. They have just released a new 10inch/CDEP with 6 new tracks and start touring in Germany and the UK.

www.like-a-stuntman.de

www.highpointlowlife.com

St. Deluxe

Jamie Cameron and Martin Kirwan formed St Deluxe, sharing a love of indie ethics and ideals, vintage guitars and fuzz pedals. Taking inspiration from bands like Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Autolux, Teenage Fanclub, Dinosaur Jr, Jesus and the Marychain, Super Furry Animals, Spacemen 3 and Mudhoney they enlisted the help of some friends - Stuart Kidd on drums, Stewart Niblock on bass and Brian McEwan on synth bubble/occasional guitar feedback to complete the line up..

They have received some great reviews along the way:

White noise feedback, psychedelic drone rock -The List

Fuzzy edged indie rock well worth investigating - Beard Magazine

Shades of Dinosaur Jr at their very best -Tony Gaughin Sunday Mail

Something noisy with a really strong melody - Jim Gellatley Beat 106

www.myspace.com/stdeluxe

Talkbook

Talk Book is Joe Hearty. The music is, for the most part, pretty stripped down and to the point. It could make you dance frantically, while crying, but that's only a rumour. Objects used; guitar, drums, pick, organ, tapes, dictaphone, hands, electricity & anything else that comes to hand.... Amen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
First person who can tell me the connection between the posters for this gig and the band name "Like a Stuntman" will gain free entry to this gig. Get Googling.

I think you or Mike told me at Lightning Bolt so I won't cheat! (I can't remember either coz all info I took in that night got rattled back outta ma heed during the sets).

Looking forward to this one and want to make music like that!!!!!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: