aberdeen-music

bacon

Stripey

lean' date=' chopped, pan fried with chopped onions, garlic, tomato puree, water, feta cheese, chives and finally chopped tomatoes. cheap as chips, easy peasy.[/quote']

this sounds almost like a tartiflette, but as a bacon purist i must insist that only recipies involving bacon and possibly some oil are posted in this thread.

Grilled, unsmoked, back bacon. I tend to eat it on a plate with thick buttered bread on the side as opposed to actually in a sandwich. There's something appealingly rustic about that. I do enjoy it in a sandwich, with a fried or poached egg aswell, there are few better combinations than salty bacon and egg yolk.

Guest Phantomsmasher

Bacon is the stuff which teased me off my year and three quarter bout with vegetarianism. I don't mind the type normally, just so long as it's well cooked, but not crispy, and not greasy either. Preferably served as a B.L.T.

Bacon is the stuff which teased me off my year and three quarter bout with vegetarianism.

it used to tease me no ends when u turned veggie, but after many years of vegetarianism, the smell of cooked bacon makes me ill :down:

Guest Phantomsmasher
it used to tease me no ends when u turned veggie' date=' but after many years of vegetarianism, the smell of cooked bacon makes me ill :down:[/quote']

That's just luck though... I've never had a problem with the actual taste of meat, just the way in which it's mass produced. That and the terrible lack of self controll when fairly drunk. Don't really care now, I'll probably go back to being a veggie again at some point, just now I'm content with my 'ethically' produced meat.

Guest Phantomsmasher
I like how all the people who are online at 2:53am have swarmed to the thread about bacon.

Some of us are just thinking about what to have for lunch... :popcorn:

Bacon a la microwave is for maniacs. I'd slap anyone I saw cooking microwaved bacon... I seem to have memories of beings made it and eating it though and I can't for the life of me place who and when it was.

We did it in HE in first year.

I think we were being taught how to make a fucking sandwich.

Bloody awful it was too. Came out looking like a peely wally foreskin.

Cambozola Dave? I'm sure we used to sell it at Asda? Quality cheese.

On the subject of microwaving bacon Asda deli at Garthdee at least used to sell bacon specifically designed to be microwaved. Whatever our good friend meant by starting this thread I would bet most people that they would taste the Asda microwave bacon (I don't think the deli do it any more sadly) and taste the difference to their usual method of bacon sarnie construction...

when it comes to bacon time, my friend george foreman helps me out. i always tend towards unsmoked and the lady likes smoked but we only have bacon on a saturday morning so it tends to be week about. the particular meal in question is grilled bacon on toast with scrambled eggs on top and potentially a side of beans if i'm feeling excitable. as for straight out bacon sandwiches, it's been a while since i've had one but i keep it simple. bacon, marge, soft morning roll and tomato sauce. just like that!

/x

I like to fry mine on one of the hobs. I make sure I get rid of the grease afterwards. I use a toasted bun. Stick in some Tommy K(tomato ketchup) and hey presto.

I only really have them in the morning.

I might also ahve them with a good cooked fry up but that's a different story all together.

I hate the white stuff(fat maybe) that attaches to the bacon-it needs to be cooked until it dissapears.

Guest bluesxman

When I first moved out of home into a flat I existed with only a microwave for a good couple of years and it had a 'grill' function which I used for bacon once but it came out all horrible and rubbery. Not good.