aberdeen-music

Music Discussion

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm guessing the aim was to draw attention to other forums' date=' not just All Music Discussion..[/quote']

I thought it was to put them in alphabetical order.

But in any case, I would have thought that music discussion should be the main topic on a muisc website.

Guest DustyDeviada
I never go into the forums page - I just use the search facilities - so I hadn't even noticed the change! You seem to be speaking an awful lot of sense though.

So do you just search for something you're interested in and then hope somebody's talking about it?

So do you just search for something you're interested in and then hope somebody's talking about it?

No I just search for all the posts since I was last on the site. That way you can see everything thats happened since you were last here - all in 1 place!

(If you haven't sussed it out click search menu then find new posts)

I love threads like these. "We fear change!" "But it back the way it was before!" "Waaah - I'm confused!" :p

My reasons for changing the order was firstly to put it in alphabetical order to match how all the other groups of forums are ordered and secondly, have the knock-on effect of moving the Articles & Review forum to the top of the list giving it a little more attention. This is already showing some promise as a number of new posts have now been made in that particular forum since the change.

Will I be moving it back to how it was before? Nope. Remember when The Wasteland got moved all the way down to the bottom to where it is now? Exactly - you'll get used to it in due course and it should be less confusing for new users and visitors to the web site as well.

I love threads like these. "We fear change!" "But it back the way it was before!" "Waaah - I'm confused!" :p

My reasons for changing the order was firstly to put it in alphabetical order to match how all the other groups of forums are ordered and secondly' date=' have the knock-on effect of moving the Articles & Review forum to the top of the list giving it a little more attention. This is already showing some promise as a number of new posts have now been made in that particular forum since the change.

Will I be moving it back to how it was before? Nope. Remember when The Wasteland got moved all the way down to the bottom to where it is now? Exactly - you'll get used to it in due course and it should be less confusing for new users and visitors to the web site as well.[/quote']

Fascist! :p

Guest NULL

My reasons for changing the order was firstly to put it in alphabetical order to match how all the other groups of forums are ordered and secondly' date=' have the knock-on effect of moving the Articles & Review forum to the top of the list giving it a little more attention. This is already showing some promise as a number of new posts have now been made in that particular forum since the change.

Will I be moving it back to how it was before? Nope. Remember when The Wasteland got moved all the way down to the bottom to where it is now? Exactly - you'll get used to it in due course and it should be less confusing for new users and visitors to the web site as well.[/quote']

but with this website being about "music" is it not wise to have "music discussion" at the top?

i dont type in www.aberdeenarticles-andreviews.com for nothing you know

EDIT

but with this website being about "music" is it not wise to have "music discussion" at the top?

i dont type in www.aberdeen-music.com for nothing you know

Guest NULL
But the articles are about music' date=' the feedback section is about music, the gigs and events section is usually about music...do I have to go on?[/quote']

first off I didn't mention the the feedback section or the the gigs and events section in my post, stop trying to expand your posts with irrelevant details.

articles and reviews do not have to be about music. It doesnt say Articles and reviews to do solely with music. Now for a post in the music discussion forum to be legitimate it has to about food? hamsters? no, it has to be about music otherwise it should be and usually is moved to a more relevant forum by an active moderator.

Your post would have been slightly more accurate if it read: But the articles are usually about music, the feedback section is usually about music, the gigs and events section is usually about music...do I have to go on?

articles and reviews do not have to be about music. It doesnt say Articles and reviews to do solely with music.

I might be wrong' date=' but I'd be willing to bet that an article that isn't related to music (in some way) wouldn't get past the staff. It would be rather pointless to have an "Articles and Reviews" section that featured random bollocks and didn't contribute anything to the site's aim.

Anyway, a quick look at the Articles section suggests that, to the casual viewer, articles are indeed about music.

Bloody newbies, they think they know it all ;)

edit : [url']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28483 < although it's not spelt out in big letters, it gives the impression that the section is supposed to be about music.