aberdeen-music

Aberdeen: "Snootier" than Dundee

I realise that most of the people who post here are middle class tools who probably went to Gordons or Grammar (a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes) but perhaps a visit to Logie' date=' or Sandilands, or Cummings Park would soon let you see that this city of ours has more than its fair share of deprivation.

[/quote']

Utter shite. Just because I go to Gordon's doesn't mean I'm a "middle class tool" or a snob with delusions about how picture perfect Aberdeen is.

Guest bluesxman

Dundee's pubs are too far apart for a decent pub crawl. And if you stop and ask directions they describe roundabouts as 'circles'. Or at least the guy I asked did. And their University got stolen by Kirkcaldy for some reason.

My Granny lives in Mill o mains so I've visited there many times. When I was a kid, the neds in Dundee burned down my favourite playpark - That made me cry. Oh and they knocked down and broke my great grandad's gravestone - which made my Granny cry. No other neds have ever done anything to upset me (apart from looking unkempt and letching) so I have aquired a certain amount of prejustice toward that Dundee lot. Although I know my feelings are irrational.........

...And their University got stolen by Kirkcaldy for some reason.

LOL! I didn't think anyone in this neck of the woods was aware of that one:up:

Dundee is a far nicer place than it was when I went to University there 92-96 (the real one - not the one in Kirkcaldy) . The town centre was a real dump and it was well understood that there were bits of town you did not venture into if you were a student. By 96 a lot of the changes that are there now were taking place and if shopping is your thing then Dundee now pisses all over the "silver city" for variety.

On a related note - does anyone who's ever walked down Union Street on a Friday/Saturday night should know that Aberdeen doesn't have much to be snooty about.

Guest bluesxman
LOL! I didn't think anyone in this neck of the woods was aware of that one:up:

Ha, me and a few mates went to some paint balling type place down by Kirkcaldy somewhere w few months back and after a 'few' drinks on the train down, got off at Kirkcaldy and I spotted it from the platform, amused me no end in my half drunk state.