aberdeen-music

Aberdeen: "Snootier" than Dundee

i can't be the only person in the world who only has positive things to say about dundee, surely?!

there is (was?) that boat thing.

the music scene appeals to me.

my nights out there have been dogged by neds no more so than my nights out in aberdeen.

the difference is a big lot of "meh" as far as i'm concerned.

nearer glasgow for gigs'n stuff though, innit.

I have been doing some open learning stuff out of Dundee college because Aberdeen was full up.. had to go a few times for exams.. and I have hated it.

Neds by the boat load, and scary ones! One of my tutors insisted upon walking me through the college car park at 7pm because it's "not safe to walk through alone".

And there's always an old lady at the bus station who stands and talks to herself and stares at people..

no point just my view' date=' after all this is a forum isnt it?:up:[/quote']

Yeah well observed! I read your post while already confused and you said that folk from Dundee weren't very nice but there are nice people in dundee - it confused me even more till I had a brain meltdown.......... My humblest apologies.............

I realise that most of the people who post here are middle class tools who probably went to Gordons or Grammar (a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes) but perhaps a visit to Logie, or Sandilands, or Cummings Park would soon let you see that this city of ours has more than its fair share of deprivation.

It also has more than its fair share of social problems, so I fail to see what the benefit of ripping it out of other areas is.

Guest DustyDeviada
I realise that most of the people who post here are middle class tools who probably went to Gordons or Grammar (a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes) but perhaps a visit to Logie' date=' or Sandilands, or Cummings Park would soon let you see that this city of ours has more than its fair share of deprivation.

It also has more than its fair share of social problems, so I fail to see what the benefit of ripping it out of other areas is.[/quote']

A lot of good points, but how the hell is Grammar "a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes"?

BTW I didn't go to Grammar, I went to Cults. But by your rationale that's probably "a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes" as well I suppose.

A lot of good points' date=' but how the hell is Grammar "a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes"?

BTW I didn't go to Grammar, I went to Cults. But by your rationale that's probably "a private school with public funding to all intents and purposes" as well I suppose.[/quote']

If you look at the way the catchment areas have been drawn up, it is interesting how Grammar's manages to skilfully avoid certain areas and leaves them for Harlaw, in spite of it making little sense to do so...

Guest DustyDeviada

Ah, of course, and this map of the catchment areas clearly backs your argument up.

CATCHMENTAREA.jpg

Wow, look at the way that the catchment area snakes in and out of upmarket areas, skilfully avoiding certain areas and leaving them for Harlaw. I mean it's not like it's just a big rectangle around Grammar, is it?

In other news, according to Thomas Banacek, the Grammar head teacher was spotted on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963.

Ah' date=' of course, and this map of the catchment areas clearly backs your argument up.

[img']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/files/2/4/5/CATCHMENTAREA.jpg

Wow, look at the way that the catchment area snakes in and out of upmarket areas, skilfully avoiding certain areas and leaving them for Harlaw. I mean it's not like it's just a big rectangle around Grammar, is it?

In other news, according to Thomas Banacek, the Grammar head teacher was spotted on the grassy knoll in Dallas in November 1963.

Please, it was the Deputy Head.

Now if you will excuse me, my tinfoil hat needs to be repaired.