aberdeen-music

Maps

framheim

The song is fab. Keep it up.

thanks, we'll try!

we're trying to record them as we write them but it's a long process. we've got three songs written(including that one) with more ready to start work on. should have a good varied set by the end of the summer.

It's really good but there's already a similar band down south using that name. It confused me anyway. Just a heads up before you get too attached to the name.

Your track is very good all the same.

yea we noticed that, although they're not too similar. they seem to be more electronic and less poppy. we're kinda attached to the name anyway, unique band names are hard to come by unless you call your band something silly.

yea we noticed that' date=' although they're not too similar. they seem to be more electronic and less poppy. we're kinda attached to the name anyway, unique band names are hard to come by unless you call your band something silly.[/quote']

That is true... I found out about two other Port of Saints since I decided on the name.

yeh dave its great. i agree the sound is promising' date=' how long has this all been in the works? good song.. added on myspace.

ps its been a while since i posted on this crocodile[/quote']

we've been practicing for about 2 months i guess, still got lots to do though.

oohh' date=' i got a "friend request" from you today.

i am just listening to the song now, sound good![/quote']

yea i've been a busy bee with the friend requests. it's fairly monotonous going through peoples lists of friends adding folk though, gots to be done i guess. 6 pages of pending requests still to clear :)

Does the hundredth friend get a special prize? Like' date=' say, a CD with a few songs on it for broadcast purposes...:)[/quote']

i'm sure once we have a few songs of broadcast quality recorded you will be furnished with one for free :)

we are looking to go into the studio in the next couple of months to record so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

http://www.myspace.com/mapsmusic

not only have you chosen the same name' date=' you're using a rather similar picture. tut tut.[/quote']

if we don't talk about it, maybe it'll go away.

edit: i actually bothered to listen to them this time. it's rather nice isn't it? maybe we could play a gig together. maps and maps. that'd be nice. i really can't be arsed finding another name. it's hard finding a name that 6 people agree on!

I wasn't being a smart ass' date=' just trying to be helpful!

I would like to bring the other Maps to Scotland sometime. Not the Nashville ones...[/quote']

hehe, yea i know. the northhampton maps sound promising, would be good to see em. dunno how they'd react to another band called maps though. meh.

Guest bluesxman
yea i've been a busy bee with the friend requests. it's fairly monotonous going through peoples lists of friends adding folk though' date=' gots to be done i guess. 6 pages of pending requests still to clear :)[/quote']

You have added over a hundred friends since the early hours of Tuesday. You are a whore extrordinaire.