aberdeen-music

Go North (Culturedeluxe review)

Paul()

Mhh.. For a start diablo doesn't use wah wah effects nor do they sound a thing like pearl jam which was a very poor comparison!

More to the point their probably the most orignal and forward thinking band there is in aberdeen at the momment which is a sad situation.

More to the point their probably the most orignal and forward thinking band there is in aberdeen at the momment which is a sad situation.

are you a member of this band or something... i mean i enjoy diablo, and chaz is a really nice guy n' all... but ur talking pish min'

It would be a sad situation if they were the most original and forward thinking band in Aberdeen, but fortunately they're not.

interpol are shite..there isn't a good interpol

same could be said about diablo tbh

if they are so forward thinking why havent they been touring up and down the country, it seems their ambitions lie in aberdeen. which isnt very forward thinking at all

im sure they are nice guys and that, and im sure they dont need you makign them look stupid on the internet

Diablo's biggest fault as all bands have... is probably indeed their lack of touring... but by the term forward thinking i'm more refering to trying to change or put something into music ...yes i'm sure there is alot of bands in aberdeen you see and think are good.. but do they have the selling point, a certain edge... too many bands nowadays are looking back in time to get their inspirations and are half assed.. for example all this new wave 80's pish that is around at the moment. I know that it's near enough imposible to do something that hasn't been done before now but there's not enough bands trying to be the next big thing like the next nirvana or something.

As for diablo i'm not saying there the next best thing since sliced bread, far from it. But they do seem to be the only people trying to do it.

Diablo's biggest fault as all bands have... is probably indeed their lack of touring... but by the term forward thinking i'm more refering to trying to change or put something into music ...yes i'm sure there is alot of bands in aberdeen you see and think are good.. but do they have the selling point' date=' a certain edge... too many bands nowadays are looking back in time to get their inspirations and are half assed.. for example all this new wave 80's pish that is around at the moment. I know that it's near enough imposible to do something that hasn't been done before now but there's not enough bands trying to be the next big thing like the next nirvana or something.

As for diablo i'm not saying there the next best thing since sliced bread, far from it. But they do seem to be the only people trying to do it.[/quote']

:laughing:

For the love of christ, seriously????

If you get lucky, you get lucky. If not you go on playing music you like playing. There are a lot of bands in Aberdeen that lack drive, but there are also a handful of bands like PV:H (who i don't rate incidently) who have actually got off their asses and put themselves out there.

As far as original sounding bands go in aberdeen i can't actually think of any.

too many bands nowadays are looking back in time to get their inspirations and are half assed.. there's not enough bands trying to be the next big thing like the next nirvana or something.

the only aberdeen band i can see at the moment who have really put themselfs out there, and have the slight possibility of 'being the next big thing' are colon openbracket