aberdeen-music

Experimental/Noise/Electronic/Weird Shit etc

Guest Donald

Guest Donald

I may be putting on a gig of noise/experimental/electronic/weird shit at some point in the near future. If people know of any local or Scottish artists that fit into this category (and you decide for yourself what fits in to this) could you post names, web addresses, My Space pages on this thread.

Thanks

Guest Phantomsmasher

Black Sun and Kyle Minoise are two givens.

There was a few really cool ambient noise/electronica artists on my Asahara page, and they were from around here. I'll investigate.

First Asahara live practise is this week... I might be able to pull it off finaly. So if you needed a 'local' support I might be able to do it...

Guest Donald

Thanks for the responses so far. The Kovorox label I know of already and yes It should involve a few of the guys on that label. I'll speak to you about Asahara at some point Stu-if you hear of anyone else let me know.

you should get in touch with chris storey, a friend of mine in glasgow, he's a bit of an expert on weirdy noise music. you can get in touch with him through http://www.myspace.com/godotdrone

after doing an experimental set at a student radio night in the arches in glasgow, he and a few others have been playing about with the idea of performing a few experimental gigs so give him a buzz and see what he's got to say about it. i'm sure he'd be a huge help to you!

Guest Donald
I'd be interested in participating. Electronic noise? complicated dnb stuff?

Venetian Snare esk possibly.

:)

Don't know if I can fit you on this bill, trying to build up an idea of people who do this sort of music in Aberdeen, but if all goes according to plan then I'll be doing this again. Have you any samples, myspace page etc-anything Snares like sounds interesting to me.

• 4 weeks later...