aberdeen-music

evil flatmate pt2

catherine

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right im moving in june-july time

she's going on holiday from 29th-22nd of may-june.

so i thought oo means rhiannon and laura can finally come visit without her being all pissed off.

but no. ive not even mentioend they may come visit and i get a letter through the post saying "You may eb aware that Anne will be on holiday and therefore away from the flat for most of June. We just want to ensure that you udnerstand that no visitors are allowed to stay at the flat during this period' date=' with the exception of course of your parents, if they wish to do so"

why?????

yet she can have her bf to stay when she isnt even here. and im meant to be ok with that.

does anyone know, will this letter be legally binding in any way? my lease doesnt say i have to ask for people to stay.

my mum has called up to complain and apparently my flat mate in comfortable leaving me alone in the flat incase my friends trash the place.[/quote']

Am i missing something catherine? if i am fill me in please.

But honestly you seem like a doormat. How the hell could you even let someone treat you like that. Take a fucking stand, argue her down logically.

Is it her flat? is that what im missing? Even then its still bizarre you would let someone TELL you what you can and cannot do.

Sorry i am not being mean to you its just i dont get this and its quite annoying actually how you could let someone act like that with you especially when you have already stated that she has her bf stay etc and doesnt abide by her own rules.

Read the rest of the thread...

Thank you for that sage advice. I wasnt going to do that specifically because i was leaving my reaction to the first post and what i said to catherine. I dont give a shit what other people have said.

she sounds like a right bitch, take a total mentaler and just scream at her to get her boyfriend out, clean the fucking place NOW and give her rabbit away to someone who has more brains than it.

she sounds like a right bitch' date=' take a total mentaler and just scream at her to get her boyfriend out, clean the fucking place NOW and give her rabbit away to someone who has more brains than it.[/quote']

Dont do that catherine.

meh. ive given up. she is trying to make people side with her its a bit childish.

but her dad called my dad up. and apparently i get drunk and rowdey very regular and have people over. and that my mates threw the ornament frog down the stairs... and anne doesnt drink at all

when she does drink, regularly, ive only ever had people over on 5 occassions. in the last 10 months (i live on the outskirts of town so i just go to other peoples houses) two of those occasions she didnt even know id taken a friend back to stay cause we were soo quite.

and once. when ym best mates were down i admit we were drunk and noisey. but i warned her and it was a one off. and the ornament frog was an accident. we knocked it over and it broke. it was my beighbours and i sorted everything out with her.

*sigh* so basically she has been lying about me to her parents and they think im some drunk violent person. no wonder they wont give me any respect!!

she really is a werido. and everyone is starting to find this out....

but i feel bad that our friends are being torn and stuck in the middle.

Guest Gasss

I second the suggestion of contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau.

My girlfriend sought advice from them over a similar situation a few years ago and they were extremely helpful (and free!). Take along a copy of your lease and the letter.

Good luck.

I second the suggestion of contacting the Citizens Advice Bureau.

My girlfriend sought advice from them over a similar situation a few years ago and they were extremely helpful (and free!). Take along a copy of your lease and the letter.

Good luck.

there isnt one in ayr.

im figuring theres not point if im moving out in 6 weeks.

What is it with the wasteland and AIDS at the moment??

Personally i think if you have tried everything you can think of, there is no point carrying on as there is only so long you can bang your head off a brick wall before you become numb to it. You've reached that point and it's best if you just cut your losses, i'm assuming that you don't have to see her regularly at college/uni.

With regards to inviting your friends down, go for it. If she isn't going to be there and your moving out why the fuck do you care what happens, so you may not get your deposit back, is it such a big sum of money to lose to save you from the further hassle it would cause trying to get it back. As long as your honest, and rather than retaliate, you show people you really don't care what she says about you, you will come out of it far better off then she will.

I still think Spoonie's advice is the best. That man has sound advice, follw his rules and you'll come out on top... if only for a short while before they lock you up for life... but at least you'll go down knowing you beat that bitch.

If not... As someone else pointed out, Go down on her. Love... not war ;)

I noticed you mentioned something about a landlords license...

Sadly it ain't a defence, as the landlord doesn't need one as long as there's just two people in the property, one of which is a relative. Not sure of the exact details, but that's the arrangement my flatmate and I have, and I don't need any license type stuff.

Good luck with things. Take it easy squeezy.

I noticed you mentioned something about a landlords license...

Sadly it ain't a defence' date=' as the landlord doesn't need one as long as there's just two people in the property, one of which is a relative. Not sure of the exact details, but that's the arrangement my flatmate and I have, and I don't need any license type stuff.

Good luck with things. Take it easy squeezy.[/quote']

https://www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk/Pages/Process.aspx?Command=ShowHelpWhoRegisters

That suggests that she would be stuffed regardless.

Isn't the compulsory registration seperate from the requirements for properties occupied by more than 3 people who aren't related?

https://www.landlordregistrationscotland.gov.uk/Pages/Process.aspx?Command=ShowHelpWhoRegisters

That suggests that she would be stuffed regardless.

Isn't the compulsory registration seperate from the requirements for properties occupied by more than 3 people who aren't related?

From the website:

A property is exempt from registration if it is:

the only or main residence of the landlord' date=' where there are not more than 2 lodgers [/quote']

so if it's her parents that own the property and not her then they should be registered.

Take a dump under her pillow.

A girl I know once hated her flatmate so much that on the day she moved out she pissed in her flatmate's bottle of mouthwash. Apparently she rigged up a crude funnel using materials from the bathroom.

i still maintain right before you leave pour some frozen prawns behind the radiator. she'll never know where the smell is coming from and it'll be disgusting.