aberdeen-music

evil flatmate pt2

catherine

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are those photos of? I get the whole rabbit cage thing but I think I'm missing a part of the story from earlier that I can't be arsed going back to read :p

that my friend is the rabbits piss. she sprays it everywhere and anne never cleans it. and theres poo on the fllor too

That is truly disgusting. Once you've moved out and got any deposit back, you should report her. She sounds like a right bitch anyway.

As to the letter thing, unless you've signed anything saying that you agree to abide by a rule that says you can't have visitors, I can't imagine you have any legal obligation, so as you're not bothered about good will, I'd say have your friends over anyway. And if this girl's parents try to say anything, or withold your deposit, you can sue their asses :p

both?? why should i clean up after her pet.

i dont expect her to clean up my mess.

Yes....both! You have a tongue in your head do you not?....I would personally be more concerned about living in a shite tip of a flat as opposed to having my mates stay over....no? Surely thats a dispute you're more likely to win?...."especially in her parents opinion" since thats a card that seems to used alot.

Your health is potentially at risk....so its not about who cleans what....Btw the rabbit has an excuse for not being house trained and leaving a mess for her to clean up.....you don't!lol

Heres an idea - Hire a cleaner and pay them with your rent money:up:

im just waiting for anne to appear to talk to her about the mess.

ive not actually seen her in about two weeks.

ive never had the courage to say anything cause its "her flat"

but chickens mess has just gotten worse lately. i think its cause anne aint let her out in about a month. poor wee thing.

right im moving in june-july time

she's going on holiday from 29th-22nd of may-june.

so i thought oo means rhiannon and laura can finally come visit without her being all pissed off.

but no. ive not even mentioend they may come visit and i get a letter through the post saying "You may eb aware that Anne will be on holiday and therefore away from the flat for most of June. We just want to ensure that you udnerstand that no visitors are allowed to stay at the flat during this period' date=' with the exception of course of your parents, if they wish to do so"

why?????

yet she can have her bf to stay when she isnt even here. and im meant to be ok with that.

does anyone know, will this letter be legally binding in any way? my lease doesnt say i have to ask for people to stay.

my mum has called up to complain and apparently my flat mate in comfortable leaving me alone in the flat incase my friends trash the place.[/quote']

why don't you just move out? find a better flat with a better flat mate.

you also don't need to put an "and" after a comma' date=' commas are for delineation, and an "and" should be the final part of a list.[/quote']

Heh heh! Was that ", and" on purpose? Always best not to use the same error you're correcting in the sentence you're correcting someone with.

a comma is also used for punctuation (a pause). An "and" is a conjunction, connecting two points, ever the two shall (should) meet.

Sentences start with capital letters. :p

Eee gads Catherine I don't envy you, this bint must be a right messy cow. Is that rabbit piss up the walls in those photos?

I say report her and her parents to environmental health. I do like Spoonie's idea about casually mentioning the boyfriend making you feel uncomfortable. Exaggeration is the key.

Honestly that's totally out of order, if you're a landlord and you lease a property I don't see how you can have any sway at all regarding guests. Certainly not in this case. If you've signed a lease with them and it doesn't stipulate anywhere in that lease then they have no right to say that.

I hope your mum kicks ass.

And I hope you've got a much nicer flatmate for your new flat!

Honestly that's totally out of order' date=' if you're a landlord and you lease a property I don't see how you can have any sway at all regarding guests. Certainly not in this case. If you've signed a lease with them and it doesn't stipulate anywhere in that lease then they have no right to say that.[/color']

Seconded, I'm pretty sure they can't just change the lease conditions because they feel like it.

I'd be inclined to phone the SSPCA on the grounds that if they came raiding the flat, you could be held jointly responsible for the abuse of the animal - saying "it's not mine" wouldn't hold up if you could've done something about it and didn't, especially if the flatmate is never there.