aberdeen-music

evil flatmate pt2

catherine

right im moving in june-july time

she's going on holiday from 29th-22nd of may-june.

so i thought oo means rhiannon and laura can finally come visit without her being all pissed off.

but no. ive not even mentioend they may come visit and i get a letter through the post saying "You may eb aware that Anne will be on holiday and therefore away from the flat for most of June. We just want to ensure that you udnerstand that no visitors are allowed to stay at the flat during this period, with the exception of course of your parents, if they wish to do so"

why?????

yet she can have her bf to stay when she isnt even here. and im meant to be ok with that.

does anyone know, will this letter be legally binding in any way? my lease doesnt say i have to ask for people to stay.

my mum has called up to complain and apparently my flat mate in comfortable leaving me alone in the flat incase my friends trash the place.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest five years

if she/her parents own it then they can make whatever rules they like.

if it's a company leasing the flat then you should speak to them

who wrote the letter?

ok. just because im a wee bitty dyslexic doesnt mean im immature.

and how im a bing immature? i pay rent here. it says nothing in my lease about having to have permission to have friends over. i am quite capable of being left in charge of a flat.

it was her parents who wrote the letter. but i want to know because i have not signed to agree to this new rule can they stop me?

my friend has already taken a week off work for it and this will be the second holiday she has wasted cause anne wouldnt let them stay last time cause she thought it would be too crowded

if you're moving out what have you got to lose by getting your friends to stay? so long as they don't trash the place they can't withold your deposit.

also if it's not in your lease then you can ignore it. a lease is a legally binding document a letter from her parents is not. consult with a solicitor/citizens advice if you need to.

thanks. thats just what i was wanting to check. i dont mind about keeping good will with them. i just wasnt sure if there was anything legally they could do to stop me.

i'm no lawyer so i would check with citizens advice first though, it's free and they're very helpful.

this bird sounds like a right cunt! change the locks when she goes away on holiday and send her parents a letter telling them that you weren't comfortable being left alone in the flat with her boyfriend when he's already made advances towards you and you've caught him watching you sleeping. that'll hopefully mean they hate him, putting additional pressure on your flatmate in her relationship and revealing some emotional cracks.

then, when they ask for a copy of the new key, move out, post the only copy of the key through the letterbox and affix a claymore to the back of the door so that when they break it down, it goes off and blows the contents of the flat to pieces, with the potential bonus of killing a member of her family.

after that, you'll probably want to fake your own death and go undercover and come out on a stealth killing spree, quickly picking off members of her family one at a time, starting on the outskirts and finishing in a memorable climax of violence outside marks and spencers on a busy saturday afternoon, where she runs across the square to try and save them and you gun them down in with a G36, leaving only their bloodied remains, splattered across those guys who play the panpipes. she's got this coming to her.

seriously tho, the sooner you leave this clown behind, the better!

/x

i like the telling the parents thet the boyfriend is a creep and that he watches you sleep... also maybe throw in that he 'accidentally' walks in on you in the shower all the time.

Shut up' date=' she has already stated that she is moving! Maybe you should learn to use punctuation? no space after that comma, tut tut![/quote']

you also don't need to put an "and" after a comma, commas are for delineation, and an "and" should be the final part of a list.

dog, cat, hampster and snake.

a comma is also used for punctuation (a pause). An "and" is a conjunction, connecting two points, ever the two shall (should) meet.

you also don't need to put an "and" after a comma' date=' commas are for delineation, and an "and" should be the final part of a list.

a comma is also used for punctuation (a pause). An "and" is a conjunction, connecting two points, ever the two shall (should) meet.[/quote']

We should become vigilantes! Protecting the world from the incorrect correctors!

you also don't need to put an "and" after a comma' date=' commas are for delineation, and an "and" should be the final part of a list.

a comma is also used for punctuation (a pause). An "and" is a conjunction, connecting two points, ever the two shall (should) meet.[/quote']

The word is spelt hamster if you wish to be picky.

:up:

I deliberately don't worry about spelling or grammar when I'm on this site' date=' I have to be precise for work so it's nice to have somewhere you can just randomly type without having to worry. If you want proper grammar and punctuation - go read a book![/quote']

I'm not really bothered what people type, but its annoying when they get things like punctuation wrong when correcting people on spelling!