aberdeen-music

Really need to get a drummer!

Port of Saints www.myspace.com/portofsaints are still looking for a full time drummer, and it is getting rather urgent as we have a gig booked in Moorings for July and that is rather soon since they have to learn 30 minutes worth of songs. So, come on people if you are a drummer, know a drummer, have a pet drummer or whatever get in touch!

PM me or email me at jandeal@gmail.com

Cheers...

I don't think you have to be 18 to play Moorings.....but band members under 18 become a real drag when you play out of town...even some venues aren't so lenient (we have it really easy here, believe me!!!)

I'd aim at getting a drummer who, even if not 18, certainly looks and acts it (ie. drinks it down like the best of them!)

You don't want to work your way down to Glasgow to be told you drummer can't play. Heh, it didn't even do the Beatles any favours with poor old George!

I don't think you have to be 18 to play Moorings.....but band members under 18 become a real drag when you play out of town...even some venues aren't so lenient (we have it really easy here' date=' believe me!!!)

I'd aim at getting a drummer who, even if not 18, certainly looks and acts it (ie. drinks it down like the best of them!)[/quote']

The drummer does not have to be 18 to play. But if the drummer were seen drinking, or appeared to have been drinking beforehand, then they would be ejected from the premises and barred until they were 19.

The drummer does not have to be 18 to play. But if the drummer were seen drinking' date=' or appeared to have been drinking beforehand, then they would be ejected from the premises and barred until they were 19.[/quote']

There you go, so under 18's can apply as long as they don't drink in The Moorings.

So PM me if yr interested or email me at jandeal@gmail.com or send us a message on the Port of Saints Myspace.

I've heard that drummers like to hide up trees a lot like monkeys (a fact recently confirmed by an actual drummer, and a very reliable monkey) so I suggest that you acquire a rather large stick and give a few of the lower branches a good whack. Good luck and good hunting. :up:

I've heard that drummers like to hide up trees a lot like monkeys (a fact recently confirmed by an actual drummer' date=' and a very reliable monkey) so I suggest that you acquire a rather large stick and give a few of the lower branches a good whack. Good luck and good hunting. :up:[/quote']

I tried that recently. Didn't find any drummers though. All I got was some wizened old guitarist...rolling-stone-zunge.gif