aberdeen-music

You can always count on Hugo Chavez to stir things up

framheim

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Good for Chavez, I say. Bolivia just got a Chavez of their own, Evo Morales. Interesting times in South America...........

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yeah things are getting quite interesting. I was reading recently about Venezuala' date=' Boliva and Cuba signed a trade agreement aimed at fighting against the influence of the US in South America.[/quote']

Hoho, Dubya's been spitting chips about that one. Also in Brazil, P-SOL has been formed, a left-splinter from Lula's Worker's Party. Good times.

Yeah things are getting quite interesting. I was reading recently about Venezuala' date=' Boliva and Cuba signed a trade agreement aimed at fighting against the influence of the US in South America.[/quote']

That is a very wise choice especially after I watched a programme about Mexican farmers who were on the verge of starvation.:up:

• 4 months later...
Good for Chavez, I say. Bolivia just got a Chavez of their own, Evo Morales. Interesting times in South America...........

Morales is good, and is trying to go down the Chavez road, but because of the Bolivian constitution and the way their plarliament is set up it's MUCH harder for him to get a similar foothold. I love the controversy he's been stirring up with the coca policies... and his amazing knitted jumper, what a guy.