aberdeen-music

free budgie (to good home)

ZeromiserY

i have a yellow budgie with red eyes going free to a good home.

not much of a talker, i think its a female but am no expert so im not certain. its absolutely mintal, especially when it flies aboot the hooce. it kicks my cats ass all the time.

would be ideal as a companion for another bird. (spent two weeks recently with another bird and they got on fine after 3 days).

any questions then please feel free to pm me.

(p.s, GOOD HOME ONLY)

From http://www.budgies.org/

In general, the color of a budgie's cere is the simplest indicator of sex in adult budgies: males are blue, and females are white, light beige, reddish, or brown. While it is fairly accurate, the color of the cere cannot always be used to sex a budgie. With some color varieties, like albinos, lutinos, fallows, and some recessive pieds like harlequins, both males and females have beige or pink colored ceres.

Yours is yellow, so its quite possible that it is a fallow one, and therefore it could be male or female. Maybe you could take it to the vet and find out which it is? The sex of it might effect someones decision to buy it or not.

My next door neighbour lost both their budgies the other day.

On nice days they leave the cage hanging outside, but somehow the birds managed to get out the door.

So then I laughed.

Then I felt a bit guilty 'cos those budgies have no idea how to live in Scotland, and will die.

My next door neighbour lost both their budgies the other day.

On nice days they leave the cage hanging outside' date=' but somehow the birds managed to get out the door.

So then I laughed.

Then I felt a bit guilty 'cos those budgies have no idea how to live in Scotland, and will die.[/quote']

why would you laugh? what's the joke?

In general' date=' the color of a budgie's cere is the simplest indicator of sex in adult budgies: males are blue, and females are white, light beige, reddish, or brown. While it is fairly accurate, the color of the cere cannot always be used to sex a budgie. With some color varieties, like albinos, lutinos, fallows, and some recessive pieds like harlequins, both males and females have beige or pink colored ceres.[/quote']

that's ace, i didn't know 'sex' was now a verb. phrase of the year:

sex a budgie

My mum used to have a budgie, one day it was out of the cage and one of my dogs (a springer spaniel) managed to eat it. Well bite it, kill it, then deliver it to my mum as though it were some lovely gift (kind of instinctual for the dog so not it's fault).

Apparently my mum loved the wee budgie cos she burst into tears. Not being the nicest person in the world ever, I found it hysterically funny, but managed to supress my laughter 99% effectively.

My mum used to have a budgie' date=' one day it was out of the cage and one of my dogs (a springer spaniel) managed to eat it. Well bite it, kill it, then deliver it to my mum as though it were some lovely gift (kind of instinctual for the dog so not it's fault).

Apparently my mum loved the wee budgie cos she burst into tears. Not being the nicest person in the world ever, I found it hysterically funny, but managed to supress my laughter 99% effectively.[/quote']

Full marks to the dog for bringing the budgie to yr mum!

i would love to take it' date=' but my mum has an irrational fear of birds.[/quote']

That is NOT an irrational fear. Did you never go to the evil fucking bird room of death at Hazlehead Park? Birds should not be kept indoors, nor should they be flying anywhere near my face.

That is NOT an irrational fear. Did you never go to the evil fucking bird room of death at Hazlehead Park? Birds should not be kept indoors' date=' nor should they be flying anywhere near my face.[/quote']

The Aviary at Hazlehead was ace - I cried when I learned all the birds were dead :down:

They have Gird's now though - they are even better - rodents rule! :up: