aberdeen-music

New Muse

Hog

to be fair, as a song, it's quite good.

Muse have simply raised expectations from their fans thanks to their other albums - it's just a departure from what fans expect. i.e. the Futureheads did a similar thing with "Skip to the End" as their comeback single. Most bands can't continue with a similar style of music for an incredibly long period of time; hence why they've changed their style. You never know, it might not actually be anything like the album.

Guest Phantomsmasher

Hahaha. When I first listened to the intro to that I half expected Rob Zombie to start singing...

Meh, it's not that good a tune imo, not catchy enough to be a pop song, but not 'rocky' enough to be a rock song.

At least they've stoped apeing Radiohead though...

Hah, when I first listened to Supermassive Black Hole, I thought to myself that it sounded like a Britney Spears/Marilyn Manson/Scissor Sisters hybrid. Then I come on here and see it compared to Britney and Marilyn... I'm glad I'm not the only one! I loved it but was still kind of disappointed that they'd gone in that direction. Now I've heard their other new one that they played in Dundee I can't wait for the new album...